X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Subwoofer for smaller room

This will go into a 10x13 room. In the room currently are a pair of B&W 603's and a LCR 600. I've been looking at the B&W 600 series subwoofers just because it would be a matching set. What size should I be looking at for that size room? Also what other brands should I be looking at other than B&W?
  • Nolan B
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2005

I would consider looking at the B&W PV1, or the REL line of subwoofers.

Comment

• Angioguy
      • Nov 2005

I'm in a 10 x 18' room and I have a pair of 802D's and a Velodyne DD-12. If your budget allows, consider the digital drive series by Velodyne, the DD-10, 12, 15, 18....
      B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• chinets
        • Jun 2005

For a room your size, I would get the ASW 750 instead of the ASW 600 etc.. Because the 700 series are smoother and have tighter, fuller and more accurate bass. O f course the 800 series will even be more smoother but the cost will be higher too. If you have the cash then get the smaller of the 800 series such as the ASW 825.

In your case the ASW 750 would work perfectly. There are many SUBS out there that could be excellent and do the job you need, such as the velodyne or REL, but to me B&W Subs give me the perfect bass tone that I personally love!! I love B&W subs!!! So I'll be ademant about using a B&W subs over any other Sub. That is my taste and my prefrence!!

Keep us posted on what you have decided on!!

Cheers!!

Comment

• KRC
          • Aug 2004

I agree, depending on what you listen to and how loud. I have the ASW 600 and I wish I would have spent the extra cash and moved up the line a notch. Unfortunately I am a beer guy listening to the champagne. Never listen to 800 series line then go back to your own set up .....depression sets in. In all seriousness, move up the 600 line.

Comment

• P1et
            • Jan 2006

KRC - I am looking at getting an ASW 650 next month. Did you happen to listen to it?

Comment

• akhter
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by See-Fu
              This will go into a 10x13 room. In the room currently are a pair of B&W 603's and a LCR 600. I've been looking at the B&W 600 series subwoofers just because it would be a matching set. What size should I be looking at for that size room? Also what other brands should I be looking at other than B&W?
              I personally prefer velodyne subs, but for you set, the B&W 675 would be very good. I heard it with 604 and the integration is absolutely seamless, which will be harder to achieve with any other sub.

Comment

• chinets
                • Jun 2005

KRC,
                Try the 800 subs: either the ASW 825, and for even more oomph and double pleasure ,try out the Brilliant ASW 855 you'll be mesmerized and never go down the ladder again!!! Unles the beer talks and says that was good enough!! Just Kidding!!

Trust me you'll fall In love with the 800 series Subs: So Smooth, full ,In the GUT feeling, smooth LOOOOOW Bass!! IMHO perfect subs those 800 series ,especially that ASW 855 ,and get 2 of them, like I did with my system: Total , seamless Stereo Sub synergy!( can you say that?)

Cheers!

Comment

• See-Fu
                  • Oct 2006

This is almost going to be used purely for HT. If i was to put a number on how much HT and music it woul dprobably be 90% HT and 10% Music. For a roomm of my size about how much "power" woudl I need?

Comment

• Clepto
                    • Feb 2006

Since it's HT only, i'd look at offerings from hsu, svs, and velodyne...

Comment

• chinets
                      • Jun 2005

It is not only the power, but the quality of a sub that you like. You can have a sub that has 1000w D class amp and sounds harsh ,at the same time, you could have the same specifications on adifferent sub and it would be pure bliss.

15 inch woofer is best for HT IMHO!! get more OOmph with blasts and booms that go in movies and you need that extra air in HT because of the frequent high Dynamics it goes through in action scenes.

My favourite is the ASW 855 ,pure bliss in HT!!!! Guaranteed 100% And for Music it is a jewell!!

Good Luck,
                      Cheers

Comment

• style
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Feb 2006

smaller room

hi,

2 or 1 B&W675, better 2 x PV1

Velodyne SPL800R / SPL1000R in 2 pieces too

DD series to expensive in Europe (with the price from dd10 i buy B&W855!!!)

Style

Comment

• chinets
                          • Jun 2005

Go for either 2 B&W 675 or 2 PVI subs!!!

Have fun now!!! Double trouble!!!!

Cheers!!

Comment

• KRC
                            • Aug 2004

P1ET, I have listened to the 650 sub but I would recommend moving to the 675 for the extra speed and precision. I listen to alot of jazz with stand up bass and for that you need a fast, powerful sub that does not lag behind. The 600 and 650 are good but if you are looking for the speed and non-lumpy bass, move up the line.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"