X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

How many of you own the 805s??

you can write YES or NO!

:T Is there anyone who doesn´t like the 805s? And why??
    • Nov 2005

HI,
    Me, me!!! :T

Sparky

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

I have a pair...and looking to get two more soon for the surrounds. Love them! 8)
      Brad

Comment

• texasbwfan
        • Sep 2005

I too own the 805s...fantastic speakers...no complaints.
        texasbwfan

Comment

• RNKC
          • Jun 2005

N805 as rear channels. Love 'em! Great sound from a small package and they look cute too. I actually used them as mains for a day when I first got them and was quite impressed with the sound overall.

Comment

• dmccombs
            • Sep 2006

No, I tried them but didn't keep them...

I tried the 805s and they were nice for bookshelve speakers. I've just owned full range speakers so long that it sounded like it was only 1/2 there. I ended up putting 804S in the rear and I am happy.

But, the 805s are a nice match for 803/804 speakers and I am sure most people would be thrilled with them, especailly when matched with a good sub.

Regards,
            Darrell

Comment

• scottielee
              • Apr 2005

loving my pair of signature 805 in red bird's eye :smootch:
              their singing gives me goosebumps.

Comment

• BillBramha
                • May 2006

I have the new 805 S's. Still breaking them in but really like them in two channel.

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

No. I prefered the 703

Comment

• Guy
                    • Jan 2006

I now use my 805s as my mains for the theatre system. Be warned: you can catch a disease called upgratitis from these little beauties and end up upgrading to 802ds like I did. :B

Comment

• AptosJeff
                      • Jul 2006

Yes, I owned for a month and liked them a lot, but traded for 804S. Both are a good value.

Comment

• Grasynoll
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by AptosJeff
                        Yes, I owned for a month and liked them a lot, but traded for 804S. Both are a good value.
                        I'm thinking of going to the 805S to the 804s. IYHO what's the biggest difference?

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI, Grasy,
                          Pure and simple--BASS and lower midrange. While the lower midrange does sound different, I prefer the 805S version. There are no midrange crossovers to muck things up. Since I love bass, I have paired my 805S's with two ASW800 subs. Now I have better bass than ANY floor standing B&W. It's a very impressive combination.

Do remember, the 805S's are intended for small spaces. What I said above only holds for a smaller sized room. The larger B&W's will do better in larger rooms due to the 805s"s restricted dynamic range. But they go plenty loud for me in my 5.1 bedroom system and for almost any soundtrack (except War of the Worlds which I thought was going to turn my cones inside out; but no harm, no foul). For stereo music, the 805S's for my ears, are wonderful.

Sparky

Comment

• Grasynoll
                            • Mar 2006

Thanks Karma, in my last e-mail I messed up. I currently have 805S and am thinking of going to the 804S. It sounds like when you had the same choice you stayed with the 805S w/subs.

Comment

• Nov 2005

HI Grasy,
                              No, that's not right. I never had any intent to buy anything but the 805S's. I did listen to the rest of the 800 series for comparison purposes. I REALLY like the 805S's and in no way do I think I'm giving up any performance (with subs, that is). The 805S's are not stepping stones to something better.

While this is my HT system, it is not my main system which is considerably more complex and costly. Yet, my 805S based system holds up very well.

Sparky

Comment

• AptosJeff
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Grasynoll
                                I'm thinking of going to the 805S to the 804s. IYHO what's the biggest difference?
                                Immediately obvious is the more extended bass, but for me, the 804's upper midrange was smoother (different drivers) and this was important to me. I think they are both a little bright, but the 804 less so. 3rd, I would expect as a 3-way, the 804 can play louder with a given amount of distortion. I don't really know about the 805, as I did not push them too hard when I had them. The 804's play plenty loud for me with 100+ watts class A. They are even good on most music with my 25W tube amp. You can always add a sub to either if you want loud.

Aesthetically, they are both beautiful spkrs, but all else equal, smaller is better and the 805's are pretty unobtrusive. You can't go wrong either way.

Comment

• doru
                                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ac81017
                                  you can write YES or NO!
                                  YES ! Wonderfull speakers ! (I had before a pair of 705)

Comment

• chinets
                                    • Jun 2005

Yes, had them years ago..That is the N805 ( for surround duty) and moved up to 804s as surround duty, because in HT and SCAD or DVD-A I was missing a three way bass sound that is very important especially In HT even if you have 2 Subs like I do ASW 855 x 2 ,and now I am upgrading again for the 802D for my surrounds so I can enjoy one crazy DVD-A or SACD after another!. So yes, at that time those 805 were precious!!!
                                    Cheers!

Comment

• Isaac
                                      • Jan 2006

Yes, love them. They look and sound great.

Comment

• shades
                                        • Mar 2005

The 805 S were excellent speakers but i upgraded to the 804 S. I just love the FST midrange sound and better dynamics.
                                        B&W, McIntosh, Rotel, PS3, OPPO, Pioneer, Cat Cables, Sound Anchors

Comment

• Java
                                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ac81017
                                          you can write YES or NO!

:T Is there anyone who doesn´t like the 805s? And why??
                                          I've been using the 805S for a few months and love them. I'm lucky in that I live in a townhome that is very well sound insulated. The draw back is that I don't have a dedicated listening room and I got tired of having floor standers in the living room. The 805S have been the ticket. IMO there isn't a nicer looking monitor on the market and to be able to run speaker wire through the speaker stands makes for a clean look. When fed with clean power and a good source these are really nice speakers. I bought them thinking I'd trade up when the 805D's come out. The 'D' will have to be a pretty substantial improvement for me to do that now as I really like what I've got.
                                          Last edited by Java; 08 January 2007, 11:29 Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                          Searching...Please wait.
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                          Search Result for "|||"