X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Center CHannel position

I just purchased the LCR 600 S3. Unfortuantely it will not fit in my tv stand so I am forced to put it on the ground. Is it ok to leave a center channel vertically and off to the sides next to one of my front speakers? Will my staging or anything else be affected a lot if I do so?
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Yes, IMHO, you will be giving up a lot putting it vertically and to one side. Can you put it horizontally underneath your TV, perhaps on a short stand? That would be better than to the side.
    Danish

Comment

• KRC
      • Aug 2004

I have the same problem when I bought my LCR 60 S3, even though it fit in the bottom of the TV stand it is on the floor. I, like you tried it to one side next to the main speakers and I found myself keep looking right. It was not a whole lot to the right, 3 feet, but it was enough that it through off the centre stage. I am not sure if it was true acoustics or just my hand playing games with my ears. The previous person said to try it on a short stand and I agree, I tried by putting a black sponge under the front of the speaker, just enough angle to bring the soundstage up and get rid of some of the floor reinforcement. I think with the LCR 600 S3 which is slightly bigger, the effect would also be greater.

Comment

• trainCatcher
        • Sep 2006

Depening on your TV stand, you might be able to modify yourself to get the center channel to fit. I recently modified my cherry entertainment center armoire in order to get the LCR600 to fit. My wife was skeptical at first, but it worked out very well.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Most so-called centers actually work better vertically. Off-center is a problem, though.

Kal
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"