X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse111
    • Jul 2005

Spec clarification B&W 800D?

Below are the specs off of the B&W website for the 800D. Can anyone put this in to laymens terms for me? I'm wondering which spec is the one that reflects what the speaker is doing when I'm listening to it. Does it go down to 32Hz or 25Hz?

Thanks.

Freq. Response 32Hz - 28kHz ±3dB on reference axis
    Freq. Range -6dB at 25Hz and 33kHz
  • Glenee
    • Aug 2006

The Meaning

Top =Able to hold a good flat response in that range within + or - 3 db tested.
    Bottom= Rolls off at 6db slope in these.
    Hope this Helps.
    Glenee

Comment

• Guy
      • Jan 2006

It goes down to 32 hz and then starts rolling off until reaching -6db at 25hz.

To make things even more confusing to you it is more than likely that this response will change once you put the speakers in a room. You will find that the bottom end will be reinforced to some degree in the room giving you a low end response that may seem more extended than what the specifications say.

A quoted figure of 32-25hz +/- 3db combined with in room reinforcement is all that is needed for 99% of music (unless you listen to alot of pipe organ)

Hope this helps

Comment

• Jesse111
        • Jul 2005

Thanks fellas. Those explanations cleared that up.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"