X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac81017
    • Aug 2006

B&W 805s??

Are the 805s really the best stand mount speakers in the world?? I want to upgrade from my 602 s3´s but I don´t know if it´s worth paying that extra??
    Can someone give me some advice please? :T
  • Charles
    • Jul 2006

Can't say they are the best in the world, but a friend got a pair about 8 months ago and I have to say they blew me away. I'm running 803s and I was amazed how good they sound for their size.

Comment

• Grasynoll
      • Mar 2006

The best....who knows. I've had mine 9 months and they are all I expected and then some. Recomended.

Comment

• EastCoaster
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ac81017
        Are the 805s really the best stand mount speakers in the world?? I want to upgrade from my 602 s3´s but I don´t know if it´s worth paying that extra??
        Can someone give me some advice please? :T
        As I think I mentioned in another thread, I compared my 805s to the 804s, and found I liked the 805s better... They packed plenty of bass, and the highs were clearer, sharper (some may call these speakers a bit bright). I think they are wonderful, and certainly the best bookshelf speakers I've ever heard... What I haven't yet done is compare to the 803s and above...

Comment

• Shyamalan
          • Sep 2006

I'm thinking about buying a b&w 805's but I don't know which amplifier choose.
          Do you think the Rotel RMB-1075 is enough?
          Will I notice a big improvement with the RMB-1095?

Thank you

Comment

• dknightd
            • Mar 2006

It is safe to say that the 805 is the best standmount speaker in B&w lineup. There might be others you prefer in a different brand. When it comes to stereo there is no such thing as the best in the world. . . Personally I prefered the 703 to the 805. But that was me, and I was only interested in 2-channel sound. The 805 will be a big upgrade from your 602 IMO

Comment

• Rolex
              • Mar 2005

Actually I prefer the sound of the signature 805 to the new 805S. I've owned both.

To say the 805S is the best stand mount speaker in the world is just plain wrong. It may very well be the best at 2500 dollars and under. But there are some incredible 10,000 dollar stand mount speakers that crush the 805S. Let's not forget B&W's own silver signature at 8 grand a pair. Still, according to some, a very top notch speaker.

The 805S is VERY good. There are others much better.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"