X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenee
    • Aug 2006

B&W 802D's and Crown K2

I am dealing on a pair of 802D'S but looking at the price range of the amps recommended on this forum, I was wondering if any one here had tried one of these amps on 802's. It has 500w@8ohms,800@4,1250@2. The frequency response is band limited with an 8hz double intergrated 3rd order Butterworth high-pass filter and a 32khz 7th-order Gaussian low-pass filter same as many High end amps just don't look as nice.Damping factor:3,000 from 10 to 400hz. it also uses the same input circuity as the Crown Studio Reference series no longer made but was considered one of the best for audiophile music.
    Thanks,
    Glenee
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

The Crown should work extremely well with your speakers.

I originally used a QSC PLX 2402 and a 3002 with my N801's with very good results once I got everything set up right. The Crown doesn't use a cooling fan which is very nice. Musicians Friend was blowing out the QSC PLX series I amps a month a go and probbaly has some left. They have a 45 day no questions asked return policy, so you can live with the Crown for over a month before you have to make a decision.

Here is a link:

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

Check the input impedance and power requirements (on input) and make sure your preamp has the juice to power it. That was my original problem but changing to a Musical Fidelity pre solved it in a hurry.

I had teh opportunity to compare a pair of Bryston 7B ST's to the QSC 3002 (700 wpc). They were pretty close. Soundstage was better on the Brystons and midrange seemed a little more natural, but the Brystons were a lot more money. I would guess the Crown will do the trick, it is similar to the QSC. FWIW, I spoke to the enginers at B&W and they told me that the QSC would work just fine and that I didn't need to buy an audiophile amp. Give it a try and report back, your only risk is $25 shipping. Make sure you get the right cables (rca to xlr).

Chris

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"