X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pookie007
    • Apr 2006

Audition Media for B&W

I have 803S mains, a DD12 sub, 803S center, and inwall surrounds. I am now upgrading the electronics. I have found the medial I listen to can influence my opinion. I know this has probably been asked before, but since my music choice changes from day to day, my answer follows suit. I evaluate a purchase over 3 -4 weeks with different music on each visit. My love of music spans many groups, So her goes:

What media are you currently using for audition new equipment?

This weeks list:
    Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine - Please Please Please
    Pink Floyd – Delicate Sound of Thunder –Us & Them
    Chicago Symphony - 1812 Overture
    K’s Choice - Not an Addict
    David Foster - Piano Concerto in G
    Bear McCreary – The shape of things to come
    The Dresden Dolls - Sing
    Rent – I’ll cover you reprise – amazing low register
  • WI Rotel
    • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Pookie007
    I have 803S mains, a DD12 sub, 803S center, and inwall surrounds. I am now upgrading the electronics. I have found the medial I listen to can influence my opinion. I know this has probably been asked before, but since my music choice changes from day to day, my answer follows suit. I evaluate a purchase over 3 -4 weeks with different music on each visit. My love of music spans many groups, So her goes:

What media are you currently using for audition new equipment?

This weeks list:
    Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine - Please Please Please
    Pink Floyd – Delicate Sound of Thunder –Us & Them
    Chicago Symphony - 1812 Overture
    K’s Choice - Not an Addict
    David Foster - Piano Concerto in G
    Bear McCreary – The shape of things to come
    The Dresden Dolls - Sing
    Rent – I’ll cover you reprise – amazing low register
    -Chesky's audio spectacular :T
    -Don Dorsey's BachBusters (telarc) :T
    -Natalie Cole singing NKC 8)
    -Friday Night at San Francisco ( Meola, de lucia, Mac Laughlin) ;x( ;x(
    -Tracy Chapman 8)
    -Norah Jones 8)
    -McIntosh DVDA sampler :T
    -The four seasons Itzak Perlman (DeuGram) ;x(
    -Fleetwood Mac Tusk :T :T
    -Ella fitzgerald collection (ipod 80 songs) Best AAC sound I have ever heard, simply unbelivable for some recordings that have 40 years plus! The digital mastering of the original Verve master's is unbelievable :E ;x( ;x( ;x(
    Classical Gas (American GRAM) :T
    -and for some bass Addictive by Missy Elliot DVDA

Some of these are some of the finest digital or analog recordings ever made. Friday night at san francisco is probably the best acoustic guitar performance ever recorded. They include music and sound from the lowest to the highest frequencies. Unfortunately, most rock and roll recordings are crap thus excluded from audio "testing". Tusk is an exception, the recording is fabulous and the intricate and multiple instrumentations will test definition and soundfield like few other recordings can, trully a masterpiece. As you can see I'm a true fan of the soulful female voice Some recordings and performances are simply timeless. Bachbusters was the first best selling clssical recording that was completly electronic music. Much to my chagrin I have never found a CD of an early 70's electronic music classic "Everything you wanted to hear on the moog but were afraid to ask for" on of the first digital (if not the first) ever made. I would gladly pay top dollar for it!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"