X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caleb
    • Aug 2004

802 v/s 802D

To all you lucky people out there who have now got your ears around your 802Ds.

Which of you have upgraded from 802s to 802Ds?

And what differences have you heard?

BTW - our distributor hjere is out of stock and mine will only arrive mid July. :x :cry:
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

IMO even the 803D sounds at least as good as the Nautilus 802.

Comment

• JKalman
      • Nov 2005

I didn't listen to the N802s at the store where I bought my 802Ds, but I did listen to the N800s... IMO, the 802Ds sounded noticeably better than the N800s. I spent an extra $7k or so to buy the new 802Ds instead of buying their demo N800s because of it. :T

Comment

• VictorHRS
        • Apr 2005

Caleb, I have just made "the move" from the N802s and N803s to the 802Ds, the new speakers have been delivered to me yesterday. Before doing so, I listened extensively the Ds at my distributor.

The main diferences I perceived are a tighter and more present bass, although I'm having problems with it in my room (see this thread - http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=20546 ), I couldn't hear this overripe bass in my distributors room. The highs/treble are even more extended, with a lot of ambience, air, without ever being harsh, a problem some found with the Nautilus range (not me). The mids are voiced differently, a little more natural/real to me. As for sound stage, it is as deep and even more wider with the Ds in my room. Imaging is a little more forward.

I understand that some might find the Nautilus range better suited to their tastes since the new 800 range is differently voiced from the famous B&W house sound. To me it was a certainly a step forward this new 800 series, and I recommend it to everybody looking for speakers in this price range.

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

Thanks Guys - very interesting.
          My current setup is 802 fronts, new HTM2D centre and 802s rear.

I can't wait for the new 802Ds to come along, although this is tinged with a bit of trepidation as my new home theater is up a flight of stairs so getting the old pair down and the new pair up could just result in a visit to the surgeon to fix a hernia ! ! !

Please - anyone else who has made "the change" feel free to comment.

Comment

• jlr_1304
            • Aug 2005

D series have softer highs. But N802 still outperform 803D, but it depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"