X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emblemex
    • May 2006

803S Wattage Requirement

I'm new to forum. Glad to find a B&W board.

I'm getting a pair of 803S soon (used). I have a McIntosh 2205, which is 200W per channel. For my medium size living room, I think that'll be fine. I don't listen that loudly anymore.

However, I'm interested in a tube McIntosh, MC2102 - which puts out a conservative 100W per channel. I listen to opera, symphony, and easy listening vocal. Do you with more B&W experience think that will be enough power?

How about hooking the 2205 to the lower drivers and the 2102 to the upper drivers? Does that sound crazy?

Tks for any help.
    Pete
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

200w of mac is fine for 803s. I have 200w of classe and I am pleased
    Stew

Comment

• Eliav
      • Jul 2005

Hi
      I think 200w is enough, provided that these watts are coming from a good amp.. I used to drive my 803s with Rotel 1095 - it did a good job. having said this, the more power you use on these guys - the better. I think the Mac will do a good job on your 803s.
      Cheers
      Eliav
      :T Socrat

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

200W will be fine - the bi-amping might be an interesting way to go, provided the relative gains are appropriate. Could even go with 2x2102s - that would sound smooooth, I bet...

How big is your room?
        Danish

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"