This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luke Skywalker
    • Apr 2007

New series 4 finished with the 602 and 602,5.
    "Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• scanido
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by P1et
      Were you referring to me here? If you look at the dates in this thread, someone brought back a rather old posting.

I only wish I worked for B&W... If it's of any interst, I have an all 600 series setup now.
      Nah, it was whomever posted the PDF on the new lineup. In any case it was a great inside scoop on the new lineup.

Comment

• marano
        • May 2006

They are up on the website

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

I received a letter yesterday that the DS3 is shipping now because they are out of DS6's. They are also out of ASW650's and ASW675's but the new woofers won't ship until June - August depending on model.

Eric

Comment

• Luke Skywalker
            • Apr 2007

And the series 3 go to "Product archive"

You can find information about discontinued speakers here by using the dropdown menu below.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/display.aspx?infid=773

:E
            "Luke Skywalker Experience"

"Luke Skywalker photos"

Comment

• Lectoid
              • Jan 2007

Anyone have any prices yet? I bought the 603S3's in Feb. After finding out there are no huge upgrades, I don't feel so bad about not waiting (I didn't know anyways about the S4's).

Comment

• Lewing
                • Oct 2004

Am i the only one think that the new series looks almost the same as series 2 in design.. apart from the tweeter?
                From the pictures, it seems to me that the Series 3 has better looks than the new series. Of course sound improvement is more important, we'll see...
                Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• scanido
                  • Apr 2006

Does this mean we can get Series 3 on clearance?

If anyone knows please post here ASAP. I'm looking at getting DM600s

Comment

• Lectoid
                    • Jan 2007

I doubt it. I don't believe B&W sells "Factory Direct". And the resellers still have to make money off of the series 3 that they have in stock.

But I am there with you in hope. I need some 602's for surrounds and a center channel yet.

Comment

• goe2112
                      • Feb 2005

Looking foward to hearing the new HTM61 center speaker. It's a 3 way center speaker. Could this center speaker become a panacea for those who do not wish to spend great amounts of money on the 800 series center speakers ? Just a thought. It appears to have all the technology incoorperated in the upper series without the matrix bracing, plus a decent sensitivity rating of 90 db.
                      Anyways, I'm looking foward to hearing this particular center speaker and I hope, really hope, that this will be a panacea for me.

Comment

• newbiemex
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scanido
                        Does this mean we can get Series 3 on clearance?

If anyone knows please post here ASAP. I'm looking at getting DM600s
                        Just talked to a B&W dealer today and he said the S3's have a 15% discount, but I guess you can get 20% without much trouble.

Comment

• Joey_V
                          • Jul 2005

Wow.. I just realized that the FST driver is in the 683....

Nuts! That's great for the low cost audiophile!
                          Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                          Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                          System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• Joey_V
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Lectoid
                            Anyone have any prices yet? I bought the 603S3's in Feb. After finding out there are no huge upgrades, I don't feel so bad about not waiting (I didn't know anyways about the S4's).
                            A speaker with an FST driver is sure to be an upgrade... that's the basis for the 703 and 80x midrange reproduction.
                            Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                            Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                            System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• hifiguymi
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Mar 2007

I bet the 683 is going to be a giant killer at $1400.00 US. With all of the improvements in the tweeter and woofers in addition to the FST, they should be very good. My rep Marc said they are fantastic. Everybody will find out in 3-4 weeks.

Eric

Comment

• Fraise
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                                I bet the 683 is going to be a giant killer at $1400.00 US. With all of the improvements in the tweeter and woofers in addition to the FST, they should be very good. My rep Marc said they are fantastic. Everybody will find out in 3-4 weeks.

Eric
                                Maybe its just me but the 683 looks like the older CM7 (with changes to the box) which were great speakers. i borrowed a pair from the dealer while my cdm 9's were being repaired and teh only difference i could tell was in the bass response. if the 683's offer the same performance as the CM7's i think they'll be outstanding for their price range, although this change would make some somewhat more difficult to power i think.

Comment

• P1et
                                  • Jan 2006

I am always able to get speakers from my B&W dealership with 10% off, no problem. I bought all of my 600 Series 3 items (seperately) for 10% off.

Comment

• boe
                                    • Jul 2004

Not sure what to get

Let's assume for a moment money was no object (of course it is) and you could only buy the B&W 4 series- no other brands, no other lines.

Which would be the better front? What would be the better center? I'm guessing the 685 is the better rear?

I'd love to know the US list pricing.

Comment

• boe
                                      • Jul 2004

Anyone see/hear these at their dealer yet?

Comment

• BW-Fan
                                        • May 2007

Boe see

Comment

Working...
                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                        Search Result for "|||"