X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dami0n
    • Jan 2006

804S Amplification: Biamp with 4 Arcam P1s or Classe 2200

Hi,
    I have an Arcam C30, 2 P1s and B&W 804S speakers. I want to get the most out of these speakers so am going to upgrade my power amplification.

My options are to either:
    1. Get another pair of P1s and biamp the 804s with 4 P1s
    2. Get the Classe 2200 power amp.

Which do you think will be a greater improvement?

How noticeable will it be?

Many thanks,
    Hugh
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Biamping will require external Xovers, to be done right. Maybe you should look at 2 Rotel RB-1091 monoblocks (500 w/ch) - one for each speaker and biwire. I just picked up the 2 ch version - RB-1092 - I am totally ammazed at the quality. Two RB-1091 retail for $3000. I almost went this route but shelf space was an issue.

I was looking closely at the Calsse' 2200 amp but I could not get my dealer to budge on the price. I picked up my RB-1092 for $2250 (10% off retail).

Comment

• stewfoo
      • Jul 2005

804s are internally (passively) crossed over. No need to actively do it. The Classe 2200 on an 804 is like putting a 400w monoblock on an 803d. You will get every bit available out of the 804 that you can with the 2200. I have a 3200 pushing my front stage of 803s and Htm3s. The combo is perfect.
      Its not really fair to compare Arcam and Rotel with Classe. Two completely different leagues.
      Stew

Comment

• johan
        • Dec 2004

One good amp is always better than two less good amp's.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"