X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasbwfan
    • Sep 2005

Upgraded from ASW675 to ASW825

I finally took the plunge! I traded in my ASW675 for an ASW825. As many have stated on this forum, the difference between the two subs is substantial. The 805S / HTM3S / ASW825 combo is simply fantastic. While I don't have the audiophile experience as most contributors on this board...I will share my initial observations in my own words.

The ASW675 was an amazing sub that's fast and tight. When watching movies, the 675 did a good job with most special effect explosions but did not have the chest pounding, earth shaking bass I was looking for. While listening to music, the 675 was good but seemed to struggle when producing the very low bass notes. I found myself looking into the possibility of purchasing a 2nd 675 in the hopes that it would satisfy my desire for additional bass. To be fair, I never got the opportunity to audition a dual 675 set up with the 805S. I'd still like to hear how a dual 675 set up would compare to a single 825 with the 805S.

The ASW825 is drop dead gorgeous. I bought the 825 in black ash to match the rest of my speakers. I've now owned the new sub for 2 days and have been fine tuning the sound to my liking. The ASW825 produces effortless, smooth & clean bass regardless of material or volume level. I'm extremely pleased with the upgrade and feel that I now have a much better match for my application. The additonal cost of the 825 is money well spent...I HIGHLY recommend this sub.

:T
    texasbwfan
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"