X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyH
    • Sep 2005

ASW 675 Sub

I have a question regarding my Sub setup. According to the manual, I keep having to change the settings on the back panel when I switch from music to home theatre. Home theatre calls for Phase 0, Low pass filter (out), and
    EQ switch (A). 2 ch audio calls for Phase 0, Low pass filte (IN), and EQ switch (B)

Why is that. It is a pain having to keep changing the settings everytime I listen to music, or watch a movie.

Thanks
    John
    • Nov 2005

HI Johnny,
    I noticed you have not received any response to your question. I assume you don't have a lot of experience with either HT or subwoofers. Actually, you are asking a good question. Others on this forum are more qualified than me. Maybe my input will get them busy.

First, the selected Phase is a function of your room acoustics and the relative placements of you main speakers and your sub. As it said in the manual, you adjust phase according to which gives the strongest bass at your listening position. Once set, you should not change it unless you change speaker positions.

Next, the low pass filter may or may not have to change depending on where the signals to the sub some from. If you are always using the LFE channel as your bass source, you can enable the low pass function in your processor or AV amp and forget about it. In this case, disable the filter on the sub.

Last, the EQ setting depends only on how you want your bass to sound and it's strictly up to you . HT bass loves high output bass. Music loves low distortion bass. Listen and decide which you love, make the setting, then enjoy. My sub settings never change and my system is even more complex than yours.

I hope this gets some activity going to correct me if necessary.

Sparky
    Last edited by Karma; 17 February 2006, 16:44 Friday.

Comment

• JohnnyH
      • Sep 2005

Sparky...thanks for your reply. I just got back in town and need to play with the diffrent settings to see what I like best. You are right, I have very little experience, in fact, this is my first system ever. Currently my sub is in a corner, awaiting my custom built entertainment center to be done. Then I may try to move it closer to my mains.

Thanks again
      John

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"