X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geforcewong
    • Jan 2006

A few quick questions from a B&W noob

I bought a new pair of DM 600 S3 speakers from a local high end audio store to rig up to my computer (impulsive purchase after auditioning them on high end marantz gear). Now for a few questions regarding some accesories that were packaged with the speakers:

1. Are the two black foam pads that plug into the back port of the speakers used to smooth out the bass rolloff? (I'm guessing this from observing Fig.4 of the manual)

2. The package included these 4 clear rubber feet stubs which appear to have a sticky side. Are these used to tilt the front of speaker upward and change the sound in any way?

It's quite sad that I don't even know how to use the accesories that were packaged with the speakers, but these were the first speakers I have ever purchased, so sympathize with me .
  • Sim reality
    • Aug 2005

1. The foam pads are there to reduce the bass output (in case you are mounting this near the wall) but realsitically given the size of the 600 you should leave the foam "bungs" off to get better bass extention.

2. The rubber feet are there to try and keep the speaker from vibrating on the surface you are placing it on (it's not isolating... It's just trying to make the speaker more stable so it sounds better)

Comment

• geforcewong
      • Jan 2006

Thanks for answering my questions. I guess the only new question is why they only included 4 rubber feet instead of 8 :roll:.

Comment

• Sim reality
        • Aug 2005

That is probably because the 600s are designed to be wall mounted and they gave enough to keep it off the wall.

You might want it look into nicer rubber feet anyways.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
          • May 2004

most people don't use the foam plugs, my dealer confirmed this with me also. I think the only time people use them is when they don't have much flexibility on how far they can place the speakers away from the wall. My 600s only has 4 feet also and I wall mount them and with 2 feet on each speaker.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"