X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marklafite
    • Dec 2005

Best Recommendations for center for 803's Front

I have Nautilus 803's and wanted a good match. Any recommendations of what worked and didn't would be helpful.
  • misterdoggy
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

I had 803S's with the HTM3S and it was a nice combo. The HTM4S doesn't match the number of speakers in the Htm3s and I think you would regret it.

Comment

• MFox
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by marklafite
      I have Nautilus 803's and wanted a good match. Any recommendations of what worked and didn't would be helpful.
      I recently bought the 803s along with the htm4s as my center. This week I will upgrade the center to the htm3s.

Although the htm4s is meant to be integrated into a 805s set, I didn't have the feeling something is missing or not playing well together, didn't matter if it was a movie or music. Maybe this thought will change, when I install the htm3s, but until now I was happy with the center-sound.
      Michael

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MFox
        Although the htm4s is meant to be integrated into a 805s set, I didn't have the feeling something is missing or not playing well together, didn't matter if it was a movie or music. Maybe this thought will change, when I install the htm3s, but until now I was happy with the center-sound.
        I concurr, nothing is missing. The HTM4S is a good "inexpensive" alternative to the HTM3S. Having said that, I have absolute no regrets owing the HTM3S. To me the only real weakness with the HTM4S was the chesty presentation of the vocals and upper midband frequencies.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• kurtholz
          • Feb 2005

well, i tried several of the lessor center's, i couldnt enjoy any of them until i went up to the HTM1, i would go there, i also went to the 805s as rear surrounds, it's really there for me now,hmmmmm, well, i do have a little mono-block fever going on, but trying to stave it off, hahahha

good luck whichever one you end up with

Kurt

Comment

• Eliav
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by marklafite
            I am using the htm3s with the 803s. I think it's a great combo. the htm3s sounds very natural and combines well with the L+R channels. I must edmit though, I have never listened to the 803 + htm4s before. It may sound great to your ears..
            Eliav
            :T Socrat

Comment

• wca156
              • Jun 2005

I too use the HTM3S with the 803S' as my fronts and I enjoy the setup very much.
              Bill

Comment

• K.K.
                • Jul 2005

HTM3S as well with my 803S

Comment

• MFox
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Eliav
                  I am using the htm3s with the 803s. I think it's a great combo. the htm3s sounds very natural and combines well with the L+R channels. I must edmit though, I have never listened to the 803 + htm4s before. It may sound great to your ears..
                  Eliav
                  I got my htm3s yesterday and it really blasted me off after I listened a little to it. The htm4s was nice, no question, but the htm3s improves the surround "emotion" alot.
                  Michael

Comment

• misterdoggy
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

I guess here's the place where you got the best advice then.

The system works !!

Comment

• chinets
                      • Jun 2005

HTM1 with 803's that is a sensational match in sound and everything...The perfect marriage TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!! or ask B&W experts and they will concur. HTM3 is good but HTM1 is perfect, that is my sincere and honest opinion, and I had both ,so I believe I have tested this senario, but then again let your ears make the decision!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"