X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

Just became a Nautilus 802 owner

My dealer finally got a set of trade in 802's in blackash for me. The speakers were bought new there about 9 months ago and I went there today to listen to them. Wow what a difference over the 803's! Unforuntely one of the bass drivers in my 802's had a "tinging" sound at high volumes so my dealer is going to replace all the bass drivers free of charge. I pick them up Thursday! There was a set of 803D's there and even with the bad driver I prefered the N802's over the 803D's hands down. No wonder B&W doesn't make a 802 non diamond any longer! Expect a full review on them in the next week or so.
    Last edited by dan87951; 06 December 2005, 12:23 Tuesday.
    dan87951
    audio guru
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

Glad things worked out, looks as if things happened "for a reason" and you were able to get a great deal.
    Danish

Comment

• dan87951
      • Nov 2005

Yes I got a great deal and a warranty. Very happy with the purchase. Wish your dad the best of luck in selling his!

Thinking a Rotel RB-1090 should power the N802's just fine any inputs on amplifers? Something in the $1500 or less range for now.
      dan87951
      audio guru

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

I would think the 1090 would do well, it's got a pile of power. I've heard the 1095, but not the 1090. I've been pleased with Rotel gear every time I've auditioned, just never actually purchased any.

Be sure to take some pics when you get it all set up!
        Danish

Comment

• Jeff
          • Dec 2004

Congratulations on your purchase!! The 1090 is what my dealer had connected to their (now mine) 802's. Given your price range that'll be about as good of an amp as your going to get. If your dealer sells Rotel. That may even include a warrenty on a floor model with a 25% discount.

Jeff
          Last edited by Jeff; 08 December 2005, 20:50 Thursday.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Nice!
            Yea, give em power!
            B&W

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"