X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wizard-of-Odd
    • Jun 2005

Bi-amping question

I have several (7) Sony TA-N55ES amps. I am curious about using each amp for bi-amping. Can I split the output from the pre/pro and then use the left and right channel of the amp to bi-amp a speaker? What would be the drawbacks of such an application? Would I gain anything if this is feasible? I currently use the amps bridged one amp per speaker.

thanks,
    It's fun being the only grownup in the house.
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

All you need is a decent Y splitter for your interconnects from your pre to your amps. Then use the amps the way you stated...

The main thing you will gain is more headroom and you can set your reference level down a few DBs... Other than that, the sound might be a little more clear/dynamic since the bass responsibilities are seperated from the mid/high.

Try it and see if you like it!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Wizard-of-Odd
      • Jun 2005

Thanks Dan, I thought that might be the way to go. I'm using 6 DM640's and a CDMCse in my HT. If nothing else it will be a fun experiment. :B

Kevin
      It's fun being the only grownup in the house.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"