X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdiciple
    • Nov 2005

HTM3S Rosenut upgrade from HTM-7, sides are 804, wish they are black

I finally received my HTM3S. I really love it. I went home at lunch time to check it out. Turn on the Diana Krall DVD,live in paris, and some Stargate DVD's. What an improvement over my current HTM-7 (which is now retired).

I didn't think that there is much to be improved, but there is. Dialog are much more cleaner than HTM7 and the sound stage is bigger. The sound is now blending in with the N804 on the side.

It seems the sound is now coming from various sound field in front of me, not from the speaker.

I must say, it is one of the most satisfying upgrade after I upgrade my DM603 to N804.

Now, if only I can get my hand on a used 804S at a good price. I would be an even happier man.
    Last edited by tdiciple; 21 November 2005, 20:42 Monday.
  • pinoy_g35
    • Sep 2005

Do you plan on selling your HTM7? If you do, what color is it and PM me? Thanks.

Comment

• tdiciple
      • Nov 2005

BTW, I bought the HTM3S in Rosenut. I wish it was Black, then life would be a tad nicer.

Anybody out there have a black HTM3S with a Rosenut sides? ^_^

Comment

• grit
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by tdiciple
        BTW, I bought the HTM3S in Rosenut. I wish it was Black, then life would be a tad nicer.

Anybody out there have a black HTM3S with a Rosenut sides? ^_^
        Could you send a picture and let me know why you'd prefer black? Just curious, since I'm debating the same setup and colors you have.

Comment

• tdiciple
          • Nov 2005

Sure, I will try to post it this weekend. Before I got the black 804s, I thought that I would like rosenut. I have seen the cherry color, but I didn't really like it.

When I bought the black 804, I didn't know that I would like it. When I got it wow. I will never revert to any other color. It was like nothing I have ever seen. The wood grain, the shiny color. Get into a dealer whom have the 804S, or 803s in Black and you will understand what I am talking about. You really have to see it to understand.

The HTM3S in rosenut was the only available at the time of purchase, I thought it would blend well with my black. So I bought it. However, I would really like to get the black one. To me that is the perfect color for the B&W 800 series.

Comment

• tdiciple
            • Nov 2005

Here are some pictures of my setup.

See picture 4 for the beautiful black ash.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"