X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

802d and additional options

Hello.
    I would like to change radically my system (as far as I can make understood with my dealer).
    Lately I listen only 2ch music and only sometime dvd or multichanel. Therefore I want only very good stereo and no HT. My budget is restricted and I cannot have this two systems on high quality.
    Did solved anybody the same problem ?

So, I want to get off my existing system (B&W 803s,htm3s,scms,855 + rotel 1098,1095,1072) and I want to capture:
    b&w 802d
    pre - primare pre-30
    cd - primare cd-31
    amp- bryston 7b-sst
    +existing dvd-player denon for 2-channel dvd+sacd

What do you think about my decision ?
    Will not to miss sub ??? (i'm talking about 40hz below)

Thanks for your opinions.
  • radim
    • Feb 2004

Sorry, I forgot the second alternate for amp + cd:
    musical fidelity : kW500 + cd A5

Comment

• JKalman
      • Nov 2005

I love the 802Ds, they have great bass extension and response. I can't say I know how much bass you prefer, so your best option would really be to go listen to them. I have noticed that my 802Ds seem most limited by recordings that don't add much bass, more than by the equipment itself e.g. - Squeeze's Singles album doesn't have a whole lot of bass, while Smashing Pumpkins Meloncholy and the Infinite Sadness and Radiohead's OK Computer have a lot.

If you are considering 2 Channel only, I would check into and demo the Ayre C-5xe, not sure if it is above your budget or not at $6000 (USD). That piece will cover CD, SACD, DVD-A and MP3 in stereo mode only. That is the piece I am currently planning to demo in a month or two. Right now I am using a Denon DVD-5910 for all my sources. My other consideration is perhaps getting my DVD-5910 modified (which you could check into also for your unit, if that sounds appealing) instead of buying a unit that does everything in stereo.

I'm not sure of the Primare units, I've never demo-ed any, sorry. I do love my Bryston 9B SST and will likely get 7B SST monoblocks or a 14B SST sometime next year (after I upgrade my TV to 60" SXRD and purchase either the Ayre C-5xe, or a more dedicated CD source unit -- I have been kicking around the idea of just buying another 9B SST and bi-amping all my 5.1 speakers when I have my setup completed).

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by radim
        Sorry, I forgot the second alternate for amp + cd:
        musical fidelity : kW500 + cd A5
        Nice choice - very impressive sound when I heard them... Well worth considering if the price is right. The amp is right up there with the best I have ever heard and the CD player is (without doing direct comparisons) extremely sweet and revealing)

Geoff

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"