X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azz123
    • Jan 2005

Humour me - Tell me about Dali Suite 1.2 sub

Hello..

Just stumbled across this forum having scaled many and cursed Google for leading me up many garden paths.
    Am in the midst of purchasing a Sub and at the moment am teetering between the Dali Suite 1.2 ($900 AUD), the AAD C10i($750), and the JBL E250P ($1,000 AUD)
    Here in Australia we don't exactly have a mecca of outlets, and variation with suppliers of speakers, and what decent suppliers you can find dont carry a wide range in a particular price range so comparisons are not just between speakers, also different environments. Man it makes it hard!!

Ive listened to all three above with the same material (have taken my own sample DVD) and at this stage have a gut feel for the AAD - bang for buck, depth, and dare I say a feel that the sub isnt working when pushed??
    Have read plenty on the net about the AAD and the JBL, though blow me down and call me Nancy if I can find anything of quality on the Dali 1.2

Their floor standers and workmanship get a great rap, though I need a gentle prod - well the more guidance/input the better..

Seriously, I thank anyone in advance for their guidance - I really dont want to regret this purchase in years to come....

Cheers.

Aaron
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia.
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the forum...

Sorry I am of no help regarding your choice of subs, but have you checked out HSU?

I have never owned or heard any of these subs but they do get good reports from owners.

Give Colin a call and have a talk to him before making your choice.

HSU web page
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"