X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunshine
    • Nov 2005

b&Ws and Benchmark DAC1

HI,
    Is any of you using a benchmark DAC1 with your B&Ws? Some say that the DAC1 is cold & analytical and should not be used with too analytical speakers.

Those of you who do use a DAC1 how do you think it compares with a good quality CD (provided the transport to the DAC1 is good)?

The D/A unit in my CD just broke and I am considering either a DAC1 or a new dedicated CD in the price range of 1-2k$. My lovely speaker is B&W803S.
  • L01
    • Feb 2005

I have the 802, connected to the mcintosh 602-amp (I am so happy that I did not buy the 802d but a better amp!), using the DAC1 as DAC and preamp!

I already tried some DCS- and Mark Levinson-DAC: I kept the DAC1 for reason: The DAC is "neutral", what means, I can hear my amp and I can hear my speakers: The DAC1 has no specific sound itself to my ears.

Best regards
    Andreas
    RME Digi/96 PAD -> Benchmark DAC1 -> mcIntosh 602AC -> B&W 802s

Comment

• Sunshine
      • Nov 2005

No one else has experience with a 800-series speakers and Benchmark DAC1?

Are they a good match? How good is the DAC1 compared with CD-players in the 1500$-range?

Thanks for you input.

Comment

• L01
        • Feb 2005

The DAC1 is really the best buy, I ever did with music, but imho it is just impossible to ask how the 800-series compares to DAC1..... it is more like: How does you amp match your speakers and how can the DAC1 be a benefit for this combo.

Best regards
        Andreas
        RME Digi/96 PAD -> Benchmark DAC1 -> mcIntosh 602AC -> B&W 802s

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"