X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

Opinions of the LCR600 S3?

I'm looking to purchase this center channel to go along with a pair of 603's. I haven't heard one yet but have been told that the LCR600 isn't "that" clear dialog-wise. Should I look at moving up the line for a center channel?
  • dan87951
    • Nov 2005

I have had the LCR600 which retails for $500 at the dealer if im not mistaken and I really was not impressed with this speaker at all. I think the money is better spent on a used CDMCNT ($400-$450 used) or a HTM7 if you can afford it. I went with the CDMCNT at the time which matched my black 602's just fine. The top loaded tweeter design in both of the centers is far superior than the 600 series tweeter which give the soundstage that 3d effect in my opinion.
    dan87951
    audio guru

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

I have the lcr600s3 w/the 603s3's.IMHO they match very well together.The lcr600 is the matching center for the 603's and 604's.The previous mentioned centers may be better speakers(lot more costly anyways) but i cant tell you if they are better matched or how they would match to your 603's.As far as "not clear dialog wise",i have never heard that before.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Unless you know exactly what speakers you are going to end up with (ie 803Ds or something), then get the center to match what you are going to end up with. If you are going to stick with the 603s, the LCR600 is a very good match for them. If you tend to go with a better center, you will notice the downfall in your L/R mains...and it might cause you to be unsatisfied with your 603s...
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• Ryx
          • Oct 2005

I own the LCR6 which is the series 2 version of the LCR600. When I had my old sony reciever I did have to turn up the center channel in the surround menu to be able to clearly hear dialog. However since I upgraded to rotel seperates I have had no such problems. Dialog is nice and clear even at low volume levels. I now like my LCR6 so much that I have toyed with the idea of upgrading my rears from 602s to LCRs but can't justify the cost since the 602s do a fine job as is.

I hope this helps you out.

Comment

• Jonesy
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by PewterTA
            Unless you know exactly what speakers you are going to end up with (ie 803Ds or something), then get the center to match what you are going to end up with. If you are going to stick with the 603s, the LCR600 is a very good match for them. If you tend to go with a better center, you will notice the downfall in your L/R mains...and it might cause you to be unsatisfied with your 603s...
            I have been pondering this ever since I got my 604's a couple months ago. I still have the Infinity IL36 center that matched my old mains but have been looking for a lcr600 on the used market (damn they're hard to find). I had heard that the lcr60 was very iffy, but opinions on the 600 seem favorable (I haven't listened to one myself yet).

What I've been concerned about is moving from a 3 way center back to a 2 way (I guess technically the 600 is a 2.5 way). I really enjoy the spaciousness the big Infinity gives, but of course I want to match my mains. I know the 600 is big, but will it produce the nice large image I get now? I've even considered going up the ladder as George has, but don't wan't to outclass my current mains. Any opinions?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"