acoustic traps, this is REALLY working !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliav
    • Jul 2005

acoustic traps, this is REALLY working !

Hi
    Following the advice of this forum members I took the time to improve my room acoustics. The motivation came after I was annoyed by too much echo in my room, poor deep imaging and unsatisfactory bass from my rotel 1095/b&w 803s.
    With an advice from Danish Yazdani ( my friend,an engineer and an audio freak ) I built two 5x3 feet 5'' thick fiberglass sheets bass traps and placed them in my front wall corners thus blunting the front wall angles, I placed 3 traps 2x4 feet each , each with 2'' thickness fiberglass sheets on the rear wall, and two traps on the side walls at the first reflection spots.overall cost for the self built 8 traps ~400$
    The result is unbelievable, the room is quite to begin with, I can use higher and higher volumes now with almost no echo,the sound is "dry" and accurate, the bass is accurate and beautifully tight, and imaging is unbelievable,great wide imaging, very good deep imaging, I honestly did not expect such good imaging from my Rotel.
    For me, this it is as exciting as upgrading, it gave my system a serious boost in sound quality , even my wife ( who thought I was out of my mind building and placing these traps in our ht room) could tell the big difference. highly recommended !
    Cheers
    Eliav
    :T Socrat
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Eliav,

That's wonderful news. Can you provide any pics?

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• dyazdani
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Oct 2005

Here are some pics of what I built...much the same results as for Eliav. Hopefully I can get a chance to come over and listen soon.

Danish

Comment

• Eliav
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Azeke
        Eliav,

That's wonderful news. Can you provide any pics?

Regards,

Azeke
        Hi, I had to reduce the pics size, I hope it looks clear, please excuse my room mess...
        Eliav

Comment

• Eliav
          • Jul 2005

PS this is how it looked before treatment
          Eliav

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Yep, that was definitely too much "plain wall space" for stuff to echo... It's great you've done a relatively "easy/minor" fix and gotten such a huge improvement. That's what more people need to realize instead of buying better speakers/amps/processor/cables, etc. Sometimes there's a simpler fix to get better sound! Congrats!!!! :T

Hee hee, my HT is in a small room surrounded by bookselves and all this other stuff. Only wall that isn't almost covered (floor to ceiling) is the back wall and the sounds is sooo amazing with all the deflecting surfaces. I'm actually going to have a tough time moving it into the HT room once built. lol
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Very nice gentlemen, thanks for posting those pics. Well, I guess I know one of my next DIY projects, looks easy enough to construct. I also have to factor in the WAF variable, she already thinks I have too many pictures in the HT room, silly girl .

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

My wife actually didn't have a problem with it. She thought the panels turned out "nice" and she picked out the fabric. Good luck, let me know if you need any help with your room or constructing treatments.
                Danish

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by dyazdani
                  My wife actually didn't have a problem with it. She thought the panels turned out "nice" and she picked out the fabric. Good luck, let me know if you need any help with your room or constructing treatments.
                  Thank you sir.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"