X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

center channel stand ?

Has anyone compared the sound anchor center stand to the b&w center? Which one is better? is the b&w one really worth the extra money? Is there a difference in the stands between a NHTM2 and a NHTM1?
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

I haven't compared the B&W stand to the SA Center Channel stand, but I have the Sound Anchor and am fairly happy with it. It does what I need it to do, and provide good support to my HTM7. Not sure if it will do the same for a much heavier center channel like the HTM3 or bigger. I wouldn't recommend it for speakers in the 50lb. range.

Comment

• tboooe
      • Jun 2005

My biggest problem with the sound achors are their looks. To me they are not that great. I prefer the B&W stands aethetically as well as for resale value later (yes I am an addicted upgrader!)

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

The B&W FS-HTM stand is used for all 800 series (Nautilus and current) center channels. While I have not tried the Sound Anchor stand, I can tell you that the B&W stand is worth the price of admission.
        Last edited by RebelMan; 20 September 2005, 20:06 Tuesday.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

I personally would not touch Sound Anchor stands with a barge pole after my experience with them.

Thay are a complete set of amateurs with no customer empathy.

GO FOR THE B&W STAND.

Comment

• xk8boy
            • Jul 2005

i think celeb's opinion may be a little bias judging by his experience , but i am in agreement with him on his conclusion. I would also agree with tboooe, but would add that stand would also match the 805S stands if you're using them for surround.

Comment

• sikoniko
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Caleb,

would you care to share your experience with the sound anchors?

Comment

• caleb
                • Aug 2004

You can see my thread in the manufacturers forum under "sound anchors - bad idea".

Comment

• greggz
                  • Jun 2002

Is there a difference in the stands between a NHTM2 and a NHTM1?
                  For the original N800 series there is only one stand, the FS-HTM, that is used with both the HTM1 and HTM2.

I'm not sure if they changed that for the new 800 series, but it sure looks like the same stand in the pictures.
                  Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by greggz
                    For the original N800 series there is only one stand, the FS-HTM, that is used with both the HTM1 and HTM2.

I'm not sure if they changed that for the new 800 series, but it sure looks like the same stand in the pictures.
                    It is the same stand for both series. It comes in black or silver.

Comment

• jlee
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by caleb
                      You can see my thread in the manufacturers forum under "sound anchors - bad idea".
                      Totally agree with Caleb here... the product actually does work, but it's of shoddy finish and it's "americanized" in it's dimensions... even where the "centering" holes are... they are in inches!!! Not metric... so it's slightly off... so to me, they come across as cheaply made product not worthy to be paired with B&W speakers... even though they "work"... at the level of say the 700 or 800, fit and finish become a factor... not just sound... which is why I would never buy a pair of those ugly american Wilson speakers no matter how good they are supposed to sound!

Comment

• sikoniko
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Aug 2003

Well, I brought home the b&w center stand today. Just in time too. I have begun to notice a wave in my TV and I believe the weight of the HTM1 is beginning to have an impact on my tv, as it disappeared when I removed it.

anyways.. results... The dealer gave me a slight discount on his floor model, but he is missing 2 of the spikes and I can't find where I put my unused ones.. doh! I'm thinking about ordering the soundspikes like I put on my sub just for a little added height, which I will get into.

I am in the process of buying a house. We close on October 14th. The garage is insulated and airconditioned and I made a deal w/ my fiance that I could turn it into a media room/theater room and that is what has prompted me to make this purchase. I am looking at projectors and screens and will get one when I get the house, but that is another story.

So, the only place I have to put the center now is in front of my TV, which is about 1 foot in front of my 802's. First I calibrated the center to make sure that everything is setup properly.

Right away I can tell the difference of it being that far forward and that it is not optimal. It is also a little too low, which the sound spikes will raise by 1 - 2 inches.

OK, so that is the negative. Now the positive... I watched the pod racing scene in EP1 last night while messing with my manual calibration, so I was relatively familiar with it, so I used it again to compare. I have been noticing a harshness from my center, which I can now say is probably from the vibration of the TV, as the sound is now full and dynamic. better low end as well.

Conclusion... I completely recommend getting a center stand for any center and isolating it from cabinets/TV's, which can cause vibration. It is definately worth it.

Comment

• RebelMan
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Mar 2005

Good choice. Now be sure and update your posted pictures.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"