X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5.0greg
    • Apr 2005

Upgrading from 602s3 to....

I'm hoping I can get anyones oppinion. I currently have 602s3 and have the upgrade bug. I can get CM6's or CM4 ($2400 and $1900cdn) brand new. I was wondering if anyone has heard either of these and there oppinion on them?

Should I wait to get something from the new 7series?

Thanks
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

What about a used pair of 805S? You can probably get a used pair for $1700 US.

Comment

• Miroku
      • Jul 2004

my upgrade from 602 was to the CDM9 NT. quite a difference, and I am still loving them.

Comment

• Trevor
        • May 2005

I would go for the highest line you can afford. I started out with the 602 s3 and loved the way they sounded for 450.00. I then went back to the dealer and listened to a pair of the 604 s3 and loved the extra bass and the clear mids. The 604's are a true three way speaker vs a 2 and 1/2 with the 602's.

After about a year, I got the upgrade bug and now looking at the 703's or the old 804 series. The difference between the 703 and the 604 is huge. The bass is not muddy the highs and mids seem to come to life but the highs are kind of bright with some equipment on the 703's. The 804's on the other hand are even better than the 703 with the highs. mids, and bass. What I like about the 800's series is they are more laid back and not as bright as the 700. Don't get me wrong the 703 are great speakers with lots of detail and presence. It all breaks down to what you want and are willing to spend to make you happy.

Just a reminder that you can upgrade with most dealers within a year if you want and they will give you full or trade in value that they can sell for. I always wait for a used set to come in so I can save some money. My dealer gives me credit for how much they can sell my speakers for used if I trade into a used pair.
        Do what makes you happy because you will regret it in the future/

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I didn't really like the CDM line. Loved the 600 series. The 700 series are really nice too. I know the 700 is the replacement for the CDM, but I found the 700 series to be a whole lot nicer than the previous CDM line.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• beehive
            • May 2005

stick with the 602 s3 and spray dead that upgrade bug.
            unless you wanna join more of this almost B&W 800's forum. :-)

Comment

• tboooe
              • Jun 2005

beehive...its unavoidable...give in to your urges and join the darkside...it is your destiny!!!

this crazy hobby/addiction is definitely dangerous especially when you start heading down the slippery slope of seeking musical nirvana.

Comment

• beehive
                • May 2005

Originally posted by tboooe
                beehive...its unavoidable...give in to your urges and join the darkside...it is your destiny!!!

this crazy hobby/addiction is definitely dangerous especially when you start heading down the slippery slope of seeking musical nirvana.
                just kidding there tbooe, im actually saving for the 800's...
                the 600's owners ( including me ) are merely in the "read only" mode in
                this forum

hey guys can we talk about our humbled speakers too?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"