X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpongeRob
    • Dec 2004

705 sub advise

Unfortunately my girlfriend doesn't want the 704 or 703, because she thinks they are too big for our room (hahaha but some things she likes big )....So probably I'll go for the 705 and buy a sub later.....

I mostly listen stereo....which sub is a good choice for the 705's, to add the somewhat lack of bass of the 705's?

As allways thanks for your posts.... :T
    Last edited by SpongeRob; 03 August 2005, 13:34 Wednesday.
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

SpongRob,

It all depends on your room size and how much you like to "go, deep down and low". The B&W PV1 is compact, produces wonderful tight bass, and works well with the 705s. However in subs "size does matter" and the larger ASW750 will go deeper and louder (for the lowest rumbles). Mostly this will only make a difference for Home Theatre...

Listen to both if you can...

If not, get the ASW750 and put it in a corner they are attractive and not that big... Once it starts rumbling away you and your partner will enjoy getting down and boogying to the music...

Geoff

Comment

• SpongeRob
      • Dec 2004

Thanks Geoff for your fast answer....I already have a "simple" sub, a Canton AS 15SC...It's quite good in movies, in music not that bad, but it adds not that "fineness" for music....So after when I'll have the money for the 705's, I'll go out for a good sub. The PV1 looks great, don't know if it will match with the 705's.

Grtz, Rob

Comment

• junior77blue
        • Nov 2004

ASW700 is what I chose...expensive but great sounding sub.

Comment

• SpongeRob
          • Dec 2004

Just searched the price for the B&W PV1....€1499....a little too high for my budget.... :cry:

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

i have a PV1, that i'm thinking about selling...
            Let me know if you're interested...it's less than 2 months old and I barely used it. If i can get a good offer for it, I might let it go. I live in the US by the way
            I'll 2nd what geoff said, if your room is big, go for the ASW750. The PV1 is sufficient for my small room.

Comment

• KvHagedorn
              • Jul 2005

If your budget is lower and you still want the quality, check out the ASW675.

Comment

• tboooe
                • Jun 2005

Just another option:

How about the REL subs? I am thinking about getting one of these and either running the connections straight off the amp or going from the amp to the sub to my 805S. Not sure about the second optoin though as I dont want to introduce another path to the music. Anyway, RELS sound really nice and to me just fiils in the music. I too really only listen to 2 ch with my setup.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"