X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cooldmitriy
    • Oct 2005

Sub ASW750 and B&W 804

Guys,

What do you think about mixing 700 and 800 series. Sub for 800 is too expensive, so I want to go with ASW 750 instead. My left and right speakers are 804 and receiver Rotel 1056.

Thank you
  • miner
    • Mar 2005

Look for a discontinued model - ASW800 - I got mine for less than a 700 series sub.

Comment

• Cooldmitriy
      • Oct 2005

Minor,

They are not available anymore. It has been a while since B&W discontinues them. :cry:

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

I think he meant to tell you to look for one at the used market. Try audiogon or eBay, I see a few ASW800 from time to time. I wish I have the funds to pick up one. I'm sure they are better than the ASW750, not to mention the matching of cabinet design.

Comment

• JohnAng
          • Sep 2005

I was originaly going to get the 804s and use the 750 as sub mainly for price.
          The 750 is a great sub, not sure if there will be a huge improvement moving up to the 800series, but i can't say 100% as i have never heard them. Unless having the sub look identical to your main speakers is of major concern to you the 750 will do a fine job and at least you can still match the colour finish with it

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"