X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetFlyGuy
    • Jan 2005

My HT Setup

I am very happy with this setup, I started with the 700 Sreies in my last house, and wasn't too happy; I thought the system sounded very shrill. I got hooked on HT trying to fix it though, and I love the result!
    Attached Files
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Very sweet system Josh. :T

Comment

• greggz
      • Jun 2002

Nice room.

Can you talk a bit about the RPG panels you used? Are some pure absorbers and some "BAD" panels? If so, how did you determine quantity, placement, etc...
      Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
        • Jan 2005

The objective of the RPG panels is to create a "Live-End, Dead-End" environment within the room. The panels toward the front of the room are pure absorbers, while the panels toward the rear are BAD Panels (Binary-Amplitude-Diffsorber) The bad panels have both absorbtive and diffusive characteristics. The Skyline panels in the rear of the room are purely difractive with no absorbing properties. I would classify the improvement they made as EXTREMELY DRAMAIC.

Comment

• Pieter
          • Jan 2005

Good to see someone spend the dosh on acoustic treatment to compliment that spent on equipment. Looks good and I'm sure SOUNDS GOOD too.

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
            • Jan 2005

I will admit to being a skeptic at first, but after hearing the difference that the panels make, I would say that nobody should go without. Even if it means not getting that new amplifier or upgrading that center channel! The panels made the biggest single difference of any change I have ever made to the system. Simply having a conversation in the room is 100% better now!

Comment

• greggz
              • Jun 2002

Did you determine quantity and placement or did you send you room specs off to RPG?
              Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
                • Jan 2005

My local dealer sent the room specs to RPG, and they came up with the type/quantity and positions. I deviated somewhat from the layout they gave, as due to a mistake they sent me about 15 extra panels. I am very pleased with the results both asthetically and especially acoustically.

Comment

• Recruit
                  • Jan 2005

Jetflyguy - Now that is a room and system to aspire too...

Looks Fantastic.

Regards
                  John

Comment

• jim777
                    • Mar 2005

I can't wait to get a room like that to put my kit and add a projector...

Comment

• Claude D D
                      • Jan 2003

Hey Jetflyguy, I bet you'll be ditching the Rotel 1040 when the Classe DVD/CD transport finally becomes available. :T

Comment

• perato
                        • Jan 2005

Very nice room JetFlyGuy,

What are the dimensions of your room and were you able to measure the frequency response/RT60 before and after the room treatments?
                        In the end, let YOUR ears and YOUR wallet be your guide.

Comment

• JetFlyGuy
                          • Jan 2005

Claude,
                          I did ditch the RDV-1040, but decided to pass on the Classe' player. $9000.00 for a DVD player is too rich for my blood! I opted for the Marantz DV 9500. I am very happy with it, and it made a nice improvement in SQ+PQ.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"