X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

PV1 vs. ASW750 vs. DD10?

Hey B&W members, I'm moving to a new place and will be setting up my system in a much smaller room in the near future. I've had a SVS PB12plus/2 that I loved, but knew it will be a overkill for a room that size (1500-1600 cub. ft.) so now looking for a small and compact sub that can deliever and with a nicer finish. The 3 subs that I mentioned in the title are the ones that I've found that meet the criteria, but can't audition them all the same setting. I'll be using the sub for 60% HT and 40% music, so it has to be fairly musical and clean. I can get the PV1 and ASW750 for about $500 off, so the DD10 will cost me the most at around $1800.
    The room will be 10.5 ft. wide, 16 ft. long, and 9 ft. tall.
    What would you guys pick?
  • scottielee
    • Apr 2005

since you listen to a fair amount of music, i would go with dd10 for its room eq abilities. if the sub will be used only for ht, then i would pick the one with lowest cost.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Blazemaster,

I'd give the ASW750 serious consideration - given your B&W set-up. It will rock your room and easily handle a larger room should you move again. I found the DD10 a little "lacking" down low compared to the DD12 - so why not save some money and make it an all B&W sytem for you!

Geoff

Comment

• BlazeMaster
        • May 2004

Have you guys heard the PV1? It's a really impressive performer considering its size. My dealer was really trying to suggest the PV1 over the ASW750, even though the ASW750 is more expensive. I was thinking that I could just get 2 of those, if I ever move into a significantly bigger place, which won't happen for the next couple of years anyways.

Comment

• Claude D D
          • Jan 2003

The PV1 is a very fast sub that was designed to compliment the B&W FPM's.It's quite a nice sub.If you were looking for something to hit a little lower for home theater I would go for the 750.The 750 is fairly fast and should match up a little better with your speakers.But the little PV1 looks pretty cool!!!Tough call.Two PV1's would really rock. :T

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

it's a really hard decision. I like the PV1 alot, because it's so small, light weight and hi tech. But I know the 750 will hit a little lower, which will really come in handy for movies. At this point, I'm pretty much ruling out the DD10, because it'll cost me the most and I don't do enough music to really need that. I haven't had a chance to listen to the 750, the dealer only has the ASW700 on display. I've heard the PV1 and the bass from that little sub is so clean and can hit pretty low also.

Comment

• bigburner
              Super Senior Member
              • May 2005

BlazeMaster,

I have an ASW750 which I use 100% for music, and I'm very happy with its performance. My listening room is 27 feet long by 15 feet wide and 10 feet high, and the ASW750 fills that room completely with the volume knob never needing to go past half way. The other evening I listened at high volume to Robert Plant's new album Mighty Rearranger, which really gave the sub a severe workout. It came through with flying colours.

PS. Mighty Rearranger is a fabulous album if you're into Led Zep circa 2005.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"