X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stifa
    • May 2005

B&W CDM1 SE few questions :)

Bought this lovely speaker used and its great. I owned/still do a pair of DM 601 s3.
    Differences are subtle but I was told that this is so because my amplifier isnt good enough to show what CDM 1 SE has to offer.
    I have Arcam power amp Alpha 9p with a ,dont laugh, discman as a temp source.
    Just want to hear other people that have this speaker and their adventures with it, like what amps go well, positioning and some general tips.

Also ,cool thing would be to have user manual or pictures of inside of the CDM 1 se , just out of curiosity.

Anyhow, thanks to anyone who answers.
    Peace, Marko
  • bimmer528
    • Sep 2004

I have the rosewood color of the 1se's and have used a 65w/channel adcom 535. That sounded pretty good. I now have the rotel 1075 and noticed more detail and even brought new life to these 1se's as I can play them at a much louder volume with minimal distortion. The adcom to the rotel was a huge step up though. I can't comment on stepping up with equipment in each others same range.

Comment

• Mark_C.
      • Jan 2003

I started my home theater with the CDM 1SEs five years ago. I sold them to my buddy when I moved up to Nautilus 805s. As I recall, the 1SEs were pretty easy to drive. I used a Nakamichi AV-10 at 100 wpc to power them with no problem. Really enjoyed them for three years. I'd recommend positioning them about 2 feet away from the wall or corners. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"