X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joe_s
    • Mar 2005

Anyone yet had experience with the HTM1D

I anticipate listening to a HTM1D on Thursday or Friday. I've seen very little notice of this in the forum. I had previously embedded this in a longer note and someone was kind enough to observe that there would seem to be synergy between this center and the 802D Fronts that I will be picking up.

My setup will server all the purposes.....stereo (maybe try with DPLIIx), multi-channel (pretty limited collection right now), and 50% Home Theater.

Room is 26 x 17.5 x 9.5.

Again, just curious about actual listening experiences, and electronics used.

Thanks.
  • jericho
    • Dec 2004

I ordered an htm1-d, I'am going to have it mid june, already saw a demo of the speaker in Antwerp (Belgium) a real monster!!!!

Comment

• joe_s
      • Mar 2005

thanks jericho. I have tentative plans to listen to one tomorrow.

Comment

• joe_s
        • Mar 2005

Jericho, I auditioned the HTM1D today, although I was a bit pressed for time. I would be interested in your own experiences at the demo you attended, and what were the electronics in use to drive it.

This HTM1D looked fantastic, but i did not have a positive response to it's sound. I think it was essentially right out of the box which I'm sure had an affect. It was not inclined which also might have made some difference. It was driven by a bridged McIntosh MC252 attached to a MX-135.

As the setup was new, I suppose there may have been something not quite set up correctly. I really wanted to like this speaker.

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
          • Apr 2005

It is tricky to set-up properly

Yes,
          It is tricky to set the HTM1D up properly, it's large and hard to get moved around and "tilted on the pegs" so it images correctly.

However, the payoff once properly placed, is amazing.

Very similar to laying an 802D on it's side and trying to get it set up properly on the floor as a center channel.

The HTM1 can be set-up properly, it's not impossible, just takes time and listening and moving and listening and moving...

BTW: I never entirely bought into "break-in" but with this new 800 line there really is a warmthening that happens over time. It surprised me!

Andrew Ward

Comment

• joe_s
            • Mar 2005

Andrew, based upon your comments, you've evidently set up the HTM1D. Will you share the brand / model electronics (processor / amp) combo's that you have used / tried ?

Comment

• Stevebez
              • Oct 2003

I think it must be a fantastic unit although is it not just too big for a center ?? The HTM2D is huge but the 1D is ... well... just massive.

In terms of difference between the 1D & 2D I really dunno how much difference there could be other than in the bass region - and the 2D has not got bad bass response. So if you take practicality into account I cannot see it coming out on tops ...

I guess if money were really no object and I had a REALLY big room I would consider it - but the 2D is already too big for me.

If you can - well why not? Its gotta be the biggest baddest centre of them all...

Rgds Steve

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
                • Apr 2005

Sure Joe

Reply to Joe:

Well,
                Regarding the HTM1D, the first time I ever set one up was in Las Vegas as CES, the second time was at our facility here in N. Reading Mass.

It was being powered by a Classe' CA-3200 w/ Rotel RSP-1089 Pre

-Andrew

Comment

• joe_s
                  • Mar 2005

Andrew, thanks for the info. I'll try to do another audition.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"