I received my birthday present... the 805s!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I received my birthday present... the 805s!!!!

OMG, I'm sooooooooooo happy! My birthday's next week, but who cares.. I am now the proud owner of the Nautilus 805! I was looking at the 704 at first, but yesterday my wife got me the 805s! These things sound so ridiculously smooth! And they're so sexy too!

I'm only running them with a Marantz SR6400. I know, I know... so my next upgrade is an amp. Maybe Marantz MM-9000. One thing though, I had them with a single run and then bi-amped. I'm not sure how much of a difference it does with higher-end amps, but with the Marantz there is a huge difference in bass. Maybe because it doesn't feed it enough on a single channel amp. Oh, I can't wait to listen to them some more. Here are some pictures:

B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • juha
    • Feb 2005

Really nice speakers :T and a wonderful wife :T :T

Comment

• rick c
      • Aug 2004

What a coincidence i was going to PM you to see if you got them.Congrats their nice.How did you bi-amp with the marantz.Just curious i never have bi-amped and would like to know how its done.

Comment

• KenK
        • Mar 2005

Nice, i am waiting on mine. One thing about bi-amp is make sure they have the same gain (or a way to control the gain level) or else your speaker will be out of balance.

Comment

• ti33er
          • Apr 2004

ayup, those are truly great speakers for their class...I had mine for a year (just sold them *sniff*) - best sound I ever got out of them was with a TAG McLaren 250W x 3R...so sweet sounding!
          Most people reckon bi-amping gives very little extra performance for what the cost incurred - If I were you I would sell your current amp and get a single better amp, those babies deserve top-notch gear!
          "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• ti33er
            • Apr 2004

PS. "Calebs" little phase-plug tweak should work on those beauties btw!
            "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• PewterTA
              • Nov 2004

Those look good. Hopefully some day I can find a wife that is that good with picking out speakers and surprising me. ha ha.

That's really cool that she did that... had you mentioned to her that you were looking at those speakers, I'm impressed that she would've gone up to the 805s over you looking at the 704s... You better make sure to thank her!
              Digital Audio makes me Happy.
              -Dan

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Yes, of course I'm thanking her. Just came back home, and I'm still thanking her. But for those that read my previous post, my kid is about to be born which is going to take the spotlight from my birthday from now on, so she spent quite a bit on my gift this year so that I would go out with a big bang.

In regards to bi-amp, because I am only using 2-channel I am running the speakers with the A & B. I ran a test tone on the input and hooked up an multimeter to see if the same amount of watt was being outputted by each channel. Fortunately, it is. So I know I am running a safe bi-amp. My Marantz is not built for bi-amping so I can not set the crossover, but so far no problem. I plan on getting an dedicated amp sometime this year. Oh... gotta go now and listen to these babies.
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"