X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

HIFI News B&W 800D Review

Has anyone read this new reivew... I went to Borders to buy the magazine and they didn't have it. I also tried to download the article for purchase and it is a send hardcopy only article. Just curious about the test result/review. Also, anyone know what stores in the US cary this magazine?
  • jahlion
    • Feb 2005

I've bought that magazine from Barnes & Nobel in the past. You should check there. It is imported from the UK.

Comment

• greggz
      • Jun 2002

My B&N still has the Feb issue on the stands.
      Gregg

Our Home Theater

Comment

• Nigel_Rav
        • Feb 2005

It's a very positive review. No score given at the end, as that's not how Hi-Fi News do reviews.

The reviewer (Alvin Gold I think) judged each aspect of the 800D's performance to be better than its predecessor. He didn't think much of the N800's tweeter, but said the new diamond tweeter was very transparant and performed as well as JM Labs Beryllium tweeter.

The 800D was judged an excellent performer in both subjective and measured tests and was said to be very good value for money (!)

The only slight negative part of the review was that the midrange was deemed to be not quite up to the near flawless standard of the tweeter and bass units and therefore a candidate for updating in the next version.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"