X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enca
    • Feb 2005

In-wall Recommendations Please

Hi,

I currently have a Copland CSA28 amp running B&W CDM7SE speakers at the front plus a Denon AVR3300 driving the B&W CC6 centre and Solid 100 rears. I'm planning to get a projector and upgrade the centres and rears with in-walls. I'm not particularly happy with the quality of sound from my current centre so want to see some improvement. I was thinking of the CWM Centre plus CWM800s for rears.

Any thoughts on whether this would be a good match for the CDM7SEs & amps?

I was also thinking about upgrading the amps to a Rotel 1095 power amp plus 1068 or 1098 processor but don't think I can really afford this too at the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions for a sensible upgrade approach? One of the key things is that I don't lose the 2 channel quality from the Copland.

Cheers
  • DanR
    • Dec 2004

The sound of the new 800 Series center channels is vastly different from the CDM7SE models. I would demo very carefully as I don't see how you would miss the difference. The Rotel upgrade would be awesome but expensive.
    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• enca
      • Feb 2005

Thanks for the feedback DanR. Are there any key areas that the CWM Cinema and CWM800s differ from the CDM7SEs?

Comment

• dpolmann
        • Dec 2004

same speakers?

Seems like maybe you folks are referring to two different series (NOT the same 800's). I could be wrong, but just an observation for what it's worth.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"