Looking to upgrade my ceiling ccm80 for HT. Any news on CWM 8180 OR DS8??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Looking to upgrade my ceiling ccm80 for HT. Any news on CWM 8180 OR DS8??

I just saw the cwm 8180 and the cwm DS8 in Electronic House Magazine. It is hard to find solid info on these. I am looking at getting rid of my ccm80 for a better surround speaker that must be put in-ceiling. Has anyone tested or heard these models yet? Are they even available? How do these compare to the 7nt and 8nt?? I see that the cwm in wall has the rohacell bass driver... Sounds like B&W is strengthening all sides of their cwm line. Will they be a decent match with my 803s if that is even possible?

Andrew, are you out there?
    Stew
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Is it embarassing to admit that I use In-ceilings???????
    Stew

Comment

• Jeff
      • Dec 2004

Gee, I hope not. I'm considering the installation of ccm628 just behind my couch. My rear speakers are currently on the wall but it's pretty far back. This setup hasn't been an issue in the past.

However, I've purchased a very nice high back reclining couch for the HT room. The high back is sheilding some of the effects from the rear. Thus my consideration of ceiling speakers. Once I went with a 7.1 set up, all speakers would be in use. I'm concerned with the integration of the ceiling speakers, but I'll likely give it a try.

This would mean I get to buy more stuff. This is good!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"