X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • branko
    • Feb 2005

B&W 600 Series4?

Anyone know roughly when and if B&W will be releasing 600 series4?

They seem to update the range every 3 or so years and series3 has been out since 2002. I do not want get screwed with my previous av purchases and buy them now and find out in a months time new superior model is comming out...
  • BlazeMaster
    • May 2004

well, the 600s are one of the entry-level B&W speakers, which are 1. very easy to re-sell 2. you're not "wasting" not much money by getting the S3s even if the S4s are right around the corner. And last but not least, although usually true in the Video Display side, but usually not the case with audio: newer isn't always better. I own the 600s myself, the only thing I wish they'd add is a bigger center channel to match with the 604s and the 602s.

Comment

• DanR
      • Dec 2004

I haven't heard anything. I thought the Series 3 was only 4 years old?
      :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!

Comment

• Lefteris
        • Feb 2005

I seriously doubt that anything like that would happen. Firstly because, if you remember, the series has expanded, for example the bipolic models are new, the subwoofers relatively new, and don't forget the DM-600 (the smallest bookshelf-type speaker). Moreover, B & W has upgraded series each time they had something to add, like the flowport, FST and such. Also, the just introduced the 700 series, with extended frequency responce, and don't forget the new 800D series. It's not like they're going to have diamond tweeters on the 600 series! Anyway, the only thing they could do is fix the crossover, but it's an unlikely cause to change the whole series! Finaly, don't forget that their R&D team were up to their necks with work until recently, when they were trying to release the 800D series on a deadline.

* * * * Conclusion: No need to start any rumors, right guys?

Cheers, bretheren!
        Miles Smiles

Comment

• branko
          • Feb 2005

I personaly think the difference between S2 and S3 was quite dramatic, so would have hated to buy S2 just before S3 came out. Thus Im just checking...

Comment

• BlazeMaster
            • May 2004

I don't think you'll have a problem with going with the current 600s that is if you like the way they sound. Even if you do decide to upgrade later, B&Ws entry level speakers are usually seemlingly easy to sell off 2nd hand. Check out Audiogon, most of the 600s speakers that's posted in the classified section usually don't last for more than a week, unless it's got serious cosmetic issues.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"