X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark_C.
    • Jan 2003

20 percent off list enough?

I went into my local B&W dealer the other day to look at the new line and I started chatting with one of the salesmen. I told him I was curious if I could get a good deal on the outgoing SCM1s. I was thinking of replacing my rear 601S2s on stands since I have the 805-HTM2 for the front. He called me later in the day: there are a few SCM1s still around, but they're scarce and full list price. I talked with him the next day and told him I don't pay list. He called me back later (after talking with another salesman who knew me) and asked what kind of price I was expecting. I told him 20 percent off list. He's to let me know today. Should I have asked for more of a discount? New in box cherry SCM1s.
    Last edited by Mark_C.; 31 January 2005, 09:40 Monday.
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

For NEW in box...20% is good.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
      • May 2004

try asking for 30 if he calls back...LOL

Comment

• gunny
        • Jan 2005

I've had two instances when I was informally negotiating prices on outgoing B&W speakers. The first was some months back on the CDM-NT series after the 700 series was out, and the other was recently after the Nautilus line was upgraded to the new 800 series. In both cases, and at different dealers, the offer was only an additional 5% off what I knew was their standard 10% discount. I turned up my nose both times.

Possibly I could have worn the price down a bit more, but the lure of new technology and the likely slide in resale value of the outgoing product made me think the additional 5, 10 or ?? percent was not worth it.

Comment

• caleb
          • Aug 2004

20%enough?

Over here in South Africa, the dealers seem to be well policed by the importers and you are lucky to get 10 to 12%.

You might get 15% off a demo pair, so at 20% I would say you are doing O.K.

Caleb

Comment

• Dan Schulze
            • Jun 2003

I would take the 20% off :T The best I have been able to do is 15% off - new in box.

Dan
            I want to be SHAKEN not stirred!!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"