X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james_dmi
    • Jan 2005

Large room speakers

Does anyone out there have a similar sized listening room to me? My room is 6.25m (20.5 ft) long by 4.45m (14.6 ft) wide by 4.42m (14.5 ft) height making it 123 cubic meters or 4344 cubic ft. I am looking for stereo only so no subs to align base output. I’m currently considering the 803D (which I know no one will have yet) but any info on successful base alignment and which models with this sized room would help. I am trying to narrow down the number of heavy speakers I have to borrow to get this right.

James
    Last edited by james_dmi; 24 January 2005, 13:54 Monday.
    James
  • Kyle
    • Jan 2005

Heh, actually your room in feet is 20.5x14.5x14.5 not 222x157x156
    My gear

Comment

• Nick Danger
      • Aug 2004

My room size is similar: 14 ft ceiling, 32 feet long by 23 ft wide. My speakers are somewhat centered on one of the long walls, facing the "living room" seating area, approximately 8 feet apart.

They amply fill the unit with good sound, and listening from the couch is satisfying, so in my view the speaker size is adequate. If I were throwing loft parties, I get the sense that they would play plenty loud enough, if loudness is the concern.

I currently own Paradigm Studio 80's run though Rotel gear, and I too am interested in the 803D's. I suspect that they will provide ample sound to fill my room.

Hope this helps!

Nick Danger

Comment

• james_dmi
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Kyle
        Heh, actually your room in feet is 20.5x14.5x14.5 not 222x157x156
        Yep sorry will edit post
        James

Comment

• james_dmi
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Nick Danger
          My room size is similar: .... I currently own Paradigm Studio 80's run though Rotel gear, and I too am interested in the 803D's. I suspect that they will provide ample sound to fill my room.

Hope this helps!

Nick Danger
          Will look up your speakers to get the spec.

Cheers
          James

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"