X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rod#S
    • Oct 2010

Here is a close up of the gear in the rack:

B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Rod#S,

Is that a Denon Blu-ray player I see? If yes, which model. I currently have the 4100. Quite excellent, especially in the analog section.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by htsteve
        Rod#S,

Is that a Denon Blu-ray player I see? If yes, which model. I currently have the 4100. Quite excellent, especially in the analog section.
        Denon dvd-a1udci. It lists the model number on the bottom right of the unit.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Rod#S
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by htsteve
          Rod#S,

Yep, it's a Denon, it's the DVD-A1 and also amazing in the analog which is why I bought it as my Lexicon is not the HD version with HDMI inputs. If my Lex had HDMI I would have saved a huge chunk of money and probably went with an Oppo. Oppo aparantely makes a couple sensational analog players now but at the time I got the Denon Oppo just had the original 83, not the SE version. No regrets though, it's quite the beast.
          B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Very nice Rolf

How do you post pictures again?
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Rod#S
              • Oct 2010

I used photobucket.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2009

Rod,

Are you in Canada also? I notice the Bell PVR.
                Main System:
                B&W 801D
                Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                Oppo BDP-105
                Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                B&W CM7
                Emotiva UMC-1
                Emotiva UPA-2
                Oppo BDP-83SE
                Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Rod#S
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                  Rod,

Are you in Canada also? I notice the Bell PVR.
                  Yep, it's the 9241.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Nov 2009

Cool.. Where are you living?
                    Main System:
                    B&W 801D
                    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                    Oppo BDP-105
                    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                    B&W CM7
                    Emotiva UMC-1
                    Emotiva UPA-2
                    Oppo BDP-83SE
                    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• scanido
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Rod#S
                      Yep, it's the 9241.

Any issues with the 9241 ie: HDMI handshake issues, audio dropouts, pops, etc.?

Thinking of switching to one of those PVR's.

Thanks,

Comment

• Rod#S
                        • Oct 2010

Cool.. Where are you living?
                        East coast, Nova Scotia.

Comment

• Armbender
                          • Jul 2005

East coast, Nova Scotia.
                          same here!...out in Sackville NS
                          Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Rod#S
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by scanido
                            Any issues with the 9241 ie: HDMI handshake issues, audio dropouts, pops, etc.?

Thinking of switching to one of those PVR's.

Thanks,
                            No problems with my Pioneer using HDMI, no handshake issues. Can't comment on the audio because my Lexicon doesn't have HDMI so I am using the optical connection for sound. I have never attached the tv speakers to the Pioneer so I can't comment on a stereo signal into the tv either, sorry.

I know poeple do have issues with the receivers using other tv manufacturers, I think I recall reading about issues with Sony tv's reported on one of the Bell forums.

Comment

• Rod#S
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Armbender
                              same here!...out in Sackville NS
                              Sackville, where did you get Classe gear? From Peak? There was no local Lexicon dealer for me back in the day so I had to buy that from Alberta. To bad the home theater market wasn't larger in these parts it would be nice to have access to more manufacturers just to check things out and for the ones that are here that they had more gear in the stores. Most of my stuff is purchased sight unseen. I was able to test the Bryston 4B SST and the Paradigms at least when I purchased that stuff appx. 7 years ago.

Comment

• Armbender
                                • Jul 2005

Sackville, where did you get Classe gear? From Peak? There was no local Lexicon dealer for me back in the day so I had to buy that from Alberta. To bad the home theater market wasn't larger in these parts it would be nice to have access to more manufacturers just to check things out and for the ones that are here that they had more gear in the stores. Most of my stuff is purchased sight unseen. I was able to test the Bryston 4B SST and the Paradigms at least when I purchased that stuff appx. 7 years ago.
                                I used to purchase at Laser Home Theatre (Fidelis Design), got the Classe from the US. I buy from Saskatoon now. Awesome HT guy out there....I dont like Peak Audio out here as much....some nice set-ups but lack of products and biased opinions...
                                Samsung UN60C6300 | Primare SP32 | Primare A30.7 | Oppo BDP-103 | PS Audio Quintet | AppleTV | ELAC 247 Black Edition | ELAC CC 241 Black Edition | B&W DM 600 S3 | SVS PC 13 Ultra | Straight Wire Virtuoso | Harmonic Technology Pro 9's | Black Sands Power Cords

Comment

• Rod#S
                                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Armbender
                                  I used to purchase at Laser Home Theatre (Fidelis Design), got the Classe from the US. I buy from Saskatoon now. Awesome HT guy out there....I dont like Peak Audio out here as much....some nice set-ups but lack of products and biased opinions...
                                  Ah, yes Fidelis, I bought my 2 C Series Brystons from them. Too bad they went under. The guys at the place I got my Lex from are really nice too and extremely helpful and weren't bothered with the distance between us which I liked. I rememebr when shopping around for the Lex and I called a shop in B.C. and when I told them I was out of province the guy literally hung up on me.

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                    • Jun 2010

Fred :wink:

Comment

• Rod#S
                                      • Oct 2010

Once again, absolutely stunning pics Fred. How do you get such clear and detailed pictures, they look like magazine publicity shots

Comment

• mrciave
                                        • Apr 2010

Hi Fred,

thanks for the amazing pics!

Do I get it right that you are showing a battery-powered amplifier? If so, what are the various parts for? A 4-chassis final amplifier...

BTW, you polished the Pagode side beams, result looks nice!
                                        2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                          • Jun 2010

Hello mrciave,

The battery is only used to power the part of the integrated preamplifier. The two boxes are the additional power of the amplification part of the integrated. These power supplies are connected in a normal sector.

The battery remains brach sector but can also work offline. Autonomy in this case of + - 10 hours.

Fred

Comment

• grit
                                            • Jan 2005

What you have is my retirement goal. I'm on the way to upgrading to 804/HTM4 diamonds with CM 7.5 in-walls in the rear (can't afford the matching rears). I one day sincerely hope to mirror what you've done there, both for music and movies.

How did you go about finding someone to design and build the room?? That MUST be a challenge!

- Garrett

Originally posted by jrdiandrea
                                            My bad....it is NOT an HTM1 as you all have figured! My new L/R speakers (again, not shown in pix but forthcoming) are the new 800 "Diamond" series and includes the new HTM2 Diamond center.

This room was built about 2 1/2 years ago as part of an addition to my home. It is a dedicated music studio/theater. It was acoustically designed to maximize music performance for the listening experience. I also am a big movie buff and enjoy movies on weekends. My family might claim that there are times when I dissappear into the room Fridays after work and don't see them again till I resubmerge on Monday mornings to go to work!

Comment

• style
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Feb 2006

Hi Fred,

is sure a great system but not so me, for my taste... ops:

the AT&T se50i is much better......

in this picture what for lens do you have used? the 802di have a "strange" form... 17mm or so like that?

thx Style

Comment

• JesperA
                                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by style
                                                in this picture what for lens do you have used? the 802di have a "strange" form... 17mm or so like that?

thx Style
                                                Nikon D3s with a focal lens of 19mm

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                  • Oct 2010

Room

Originally posted by grit
                                                  What you have is my retirement goal. I'm on the way to upgrading to 804/HTM4 diamonds with CM 7.5 in-walls in the rear (can't afford the matching rears). I one day sincerely hope to mirror what you've done there, both for music and movies.

How did you go about finding someone to design and build the room?? That MUST be a challenge!

- Garrett
                                                  I thought about the room & the area around it (that makes up the whole addition) for about 4 years. I made lots of notes on what to do , what not to do, and lots of ideas on what I wanted wanted to accomplish.

I first hired an architect to design the primary addition that was to include my studio/theater. This helped me define the space that would be devoted to the theater. Then, I hired Rives to acoustically and architecturally design the room. I interviewed several Builders by reviewing both the general & the Theater designs. Once I chose & builder, Rives worked very closely w) the builder and I thru out the process.

It was A very grueling, nerve Racking, exhausting, fun & exciting project! LOTS of details small & large. well worth it. it is something' I truly dreamed of having as A kid.

Now, after adding the new speakers and amps l = am dealing with some sort of ground problem which causing a hum in the L/R 800 diamonds. A Real frustrating issue but one I will eventualy solve.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2009

Just added the HTM3s and Component Stand to my setup yesterday...

Main System:
                                                    B&W 801D
                                                    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                    Oppo BDP-105
                                                    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                    B&W CM7
                                                    Emotiva UMC-1
                                                    Emotiva UPA-2
                                                    Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• ninja12
                                                      • Mar 2007

Nice. :T What are you using for surrounds?

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Nov 2009

I will move my CM7 down from the living room upstairs for the time being. I am looking for a set of used 805s.
                                                        Main System:
                                                        B&W 801D
                                                        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                        Oppo BDP-105
                                                        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                        B&W CM7
                                                        Emotiva UMC-1
                                                        Emotiva UPA-2
                                                        Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• scanido
                                                          • Apr 2006

I will move my CM7 down from the living room upstairs for the time being. I am looking for a set of used 805s.

Great setup! The HTM3s looks like it fits like a glove. Love the speaker!

Another possibility, would be to look into another set of 804S for rears or even better yet, getting 803S to replace your fronts and moving the 804s to rears. This would give you the absolute best surround sound setup with all common type speakers. Since the new Series is out you should be able to get great deals on these. Something to consider...

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                            • Oct 2010

Very nice and incredibly clean and tidy, I like it.

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                                              • Jun 2010

Hi Fred,

is sure a great system but not so me, for my taste... ops:

the AT&T se50i is much better......

thx Style
                                                              Intervention strange because you based on what you say to such comments.

Did you ever hear these 802Di with SE50-i and the ASR Emitter?

Yes on my side and I know based on what these findings test!

Bye.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by scanido
                                                                Great setup! The HTM3s looks like it fits like a glove. Love the speaker!

Another possibility, would be to look into another set of 804S for rears or even better yet, getting 803S to replace your fronts and moving the 804s to rears. This would give you the absolute best surround sound setup with all common type speakers. Since the new Series is out you should be able to get great deals on these. Something to consider...
                                                                Thanks,

I have thought about going with 804s in the back and that may be a possibilty depending on what becomes available on the used market.

I always try to plan my systems with future in mind so I can reuse components.

If I go 805s in the back I can move them up to my living room later when I want to upgrade.

I would love at some point to put some 802Di down here...
                                                                Main System:
                                                                B&W 801D
                                                                Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                Oppo BDP-105
                                                                Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                B&W CM7
                                                                Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Nov 2009

Very nice and incredibly clean and tidy, I like it.

Thanks!
                                                                  Main System:
                                                                  B&W 801D
                                                                  Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                  Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                  Oppo BDP-105
                                                                  Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                  B&W CM7
                                                                  Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                  Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                  Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                  Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• style
                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                    • Feb 2006

Intervention strange because you based on what you say to such comments. Did you ever hear these 802Di with SE50-i and the ASR Emitter? Yes on my side and I know based on what these findings test!
                                                                    Fred the 802diamond listen with the ASR 2 alimentation , HD:

yes , I dont can say that is not good but the A&Tech SE50i (not lisnte with 802diamond is my fovorit. is a personal taste.....

and you have the possibility the canghe you setup with the help from the store around you....in a pair month this set will be replaced with a news :W :W

Style

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                      • Jun 2010

yes , I dont can say that is not good but the A&Tech SE50i (not lisnte with 802diamond is my fovorit. is a personal taste.....
                                                                      You could compare the Emitter with the Art & Technology on 802Di?

Comment

• style
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2006

Fred you have teste for long time the two .....

i come with the 802di and the se50i and you with the Emitter with the Art & Technology.

:W :W

Comment

• FredfishBelgium
                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                          • Jun 2010

Style.

Do not bring your equipment. Everything is in me and thus I can compare and that's what I did!

In the end my choice is focused on the reason for ASR power and transparency.

The SE50i is an amplifier with 2 x 50 watts. The ASR is a 2 x 280 amp with huge power.

On 802Di I think that there is no picture!

Fred.

Comment

• style
                                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                                            • Feb 2006
                                                                            • 1562

Last edited by style; 29 March 2011, 13:53 Tuesday.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2010
                                                                              • 474

Style, did your dealer give you an estimated date as to when your new center will arrive? Hopefully he can get it as quick as you got the 802Di's. So are you running 4.0 until it arrives and were you able to get a buyer for your rosenut HTM2D all ready? I know your 803Di's sold quickly.

Comment

• style
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • Feb 2006
                                                                                • 1562

Hi Rod,

the htm2D (the rosenut in the picture) is already at my home: work fine and the match with the L&R for movie watching is very good.

the 802di are amazing: the color, the sound, the quality of piano black finish, all :T

yes the 803di are go "out" very fast....

to have the new center ( Di version) is very simple: just pay :W :W

but a extra CA2300 for a bi-amp is in my head.....the 802di are very great in quality.much more vs. a 804di (always piano black had in test before the 803di..)

the sub is really a optional ....a extra rack piece, the same today in my room but only for the cd player and bluray player will be a very good solution.

Style

Comment

• pazu
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2009
                                                                                  • 77

Hi Rod,

the htm2D (the rosenut in the picture) is already at my home: work fine and the match with the L&R for movie watching is very good.

the 802di are amazing: the color, the sound, the quality of piano black finish, all :T

but a extra CA2300 for a bi-amp is in my head.....the 802di are very great in quality.much more vs. a 804di (always piano black had in test before the 803di..)

the sub is really a optional ....a extra rack piece, the same today in my room but only for the cd player and bluray player will be a very good solution.

Style
                                                                                  My congratulations, Omar.

:T

P.S.: please, look to your email box.

Comment

• JCLH
                                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                                    • Mar 2011
                                                                                    • 9

Hi I’m new here and I thought I should start with some pictures of my setup.

I have Been busy with building the setup for about 3 years now. Started with a Denon 2808 and B&W 600 series speakers (685, 686, HTM-62). But last September I switched to the CM series (CM7, CM1, CM-C). A few weeks ago I bought an ex-demo 4308A which is now powering the CM’s. I used to use a Sony TA-N55ES power amp (shown on the pictures on the bottom right) to drive the 685s but with this new amp that is no longer necessary. I do have to use the bi-amp function, without that I lack the power to control the bass.

For the rest, I have a REL Strata III subwoofer, a Sony BDP-350S blu-ray player, a Humax 5050c HD PVR and a Popcorn A110 streamer. Furthermore I use Van Den Hun – The Twinn cables for the rears and Clearwater (also VDH).

Note that on the speakers are a bit up against the wall, I changed that since the pictures where taken, they are now about a foot in front of the rack.

Next update: perhaps a NAS or a dedicated CD player. Not sure if it will give good value, looking at second hand players but I would really like a good player with a good DAC. Don’t care if it is an old model. CD Players don’t have a lot of wear I guess so a 10 year old player will do just fine.

Any suggestions, comments? Some of your systems look unbelievably good! I love the CM series (their looks and their sound) but I have seen some Classé 800 series systems that look very, very good! If only I had the money.

Last note: my English is alright but not more than that, so forgive me if there is a little error somewhere.

Oh and off course, pictures! (the room might not seem like a lot, but I still live with my parents, so I guess it’s all right).

Last edited by JCLH; 20 March 2011, 14:08 Sunday. Reason: notification options modified

Comment

• htsteve
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Sep 2004
                                                                                      • 1216

[QUOTE=JCLH]Next update: perhaps a NAS or a dedicated CD player. Not sure if it will give good value, looking at second hand players but I would really like a good player with a good DAC. Don’t care if it is an old model. CD Players don’t have a lot of wear I guess so a 10 year old player will do just fine.

Any suggestions, comments? Some of your systems look unbelievably good! I love the CM series (their looks and their sound) but I have seen some Classé 800 series systems that look very, very good! If only I had the money.

JCLH,

First of all, welcome to the forum! I hope it's very helpful for you.

I like your system. Very clean. It must sound pretty good.

I'm glad you mentioned you moved the main speakers forward. I'm sure that made a nice improvement.

As to a next move, I might suggest you consider getting an external amp. Either a stereo amp for the mains. Or maybe a mutichannel amp for the whole system. An external amp will definitely improve performance. Dynamics, soundstage, bass, details. Pretty much everything.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2010
                                                                                        • 474

Hi Rod,

Style
                                                                                        Sorry about the center confusion, I mss-read your post in the other thread, I thought you had gone ahead and ordered the new diamond center.

Concerning the bi-amping, you may want to post a question getting opinions on amps. It may yield better results by getting a much louder amp then bi-amping with the CA-2300. I have never done bi-amping before so I can't comment but I see lots of comments about the improvement in sound when people step up to larger amps. It would be good to evaluate the difference between say two CA-M600's vs. bi-amping two CA-2300's. Just a thought. Going with 2 mono amps would be more costly because you only need one CA-2300 whereas you need two CA-M600s. In this case you would probably want to sell your CA-2300 to help pay for one of the amps. I did a quick search of prices and I see the CA-2300 is the same price as the CA-M600 so you would only have to come up with the difference for a 2nd CA-M600 after selling your CA-2300 over and above what you would have been paying for the 2nd CA-2300.

Rod
                                                                                        Last edited by Rod#S; 21 March 2011, 09:09 Monday. Reason: typo

Comment

• style
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                                          • 1562

Hi Rod

the center in diamont-black was in order but I have stoped becouse the D center work fine too...is only a color question.....
                                                                                          is better invest the money in a ampilfier.
                                                                                          with the 802diamont with 2 mono cam300 you have more as enough!
                                                                                          600 watt , dlivered from the cam600 is "only" a desire, obly to say I have 2 mono 600watt.... :E

what is importart is too a good "electricity source" and a good product like the hydra v ray give you more soundstage vs. a 2 monoblock cam300 watt.!!
                                                                                          ....the hydra v ray whit 4-6 cables is around 8k. $$$.!!!!

the bi amp. is a good choice: each piece of the speaker have your power and is a good thing. a ca2300 for the lf and the other for the HF.

the big B&W Nautilus is made so: 5 "input" for each frequency.:

B&W Switzerland: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDxul1A4GBM

is in germany (with my contact :W )

style

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Oct 2010
                                                                                            • 474

Yeah I just checked the price of the Hydra V Ray, it was quite expensive (it seems to be discontinued according to the current product list on Shunyata's website) in line with the Furman IT-Reference 20i for which I have the predecessor, the original IT-Reference.

So you are giving some serious thought on either getting one of the Shunyata Hydra products and some Shunyata cables v.s. a 2nd CA-2300. Tough call, hard to say which would give you more bang for the buck. If you are saying the Shunyata gear is around 8k then the cheaper upgrade would be getting a 2nd amp by the looks of things.

Rod

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"