Here´s my actual setup.
    Attached Files
    :sn

Comment

• dukester
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Hoffi
      Here´s my actual setup.
      A very nice set up! I take it you're more of a 2ch guy..i like.
      McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• peter clarke
        • Oct 2006

800d

Derr Hoffi, Nice set-up,? which power amp is driving the 800D's.

Comment

• wettou
          Ultra Senior Member
          • May 2006

Here´s my actual setup.
          Gorgeous are these the older 800Ds?
          Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Hoffi
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by wettou
            Gorgeous are these the older 800Ds?
            Yes, these are the "older" 800D. Changed to them after selling my 802D last year.
            I´m driving them with the tube amp on the right side. It´s a Octave RE 280MkII. Preamp is a Audionet MAP V2- processor. Big fun every time I switch them on..... 8)
            :sn

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Yes, these are the "older" 800D. Changed to them after selling my 802D last year.
              I´m driving them with the tube amp on the right side. It´s a Octave RE 280MkII. Preamp is a Audionet MAP V2- processor. Big fun every time I switch them on..... 8)
              Nice :T Tube amps that must be interesting
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• BdoUK
                • Sep 2007

Added a small but effective update to my HT: ATS acoustic panels. The sound in the room has improved noticibly since adding these!

Comment

• htsteve
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

BdoUK,

Excellent! I'm not surprised at the improvement, as I noticed the same thing when I added treatments to my room.

Comment

• emig5m
                    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BdoUK
                    Added a small but effective update to my HT: ATS acoustic panels. The sound in the room has improved noticibly since adding these!

I'm nearing completion of remodeling of what will be my main listening room and hope to have it done by the end of next weekend. I need to get my butt into gear and get my acoustic panels ordered and was looking at ATS because their prices seem most reasonable. Did you get the fully finished/framed panels or did you just order the Owens Corning 703 panels and cover them with fabric yourself? How thick did you get? 2" or 4"? How many panels did you order total and what's your room dimensions? I'm trying to decide how many panels to order and how thick I need. Room is 16x13 and will be wall-to-wall carpet.

Comment

• wildpanda86
                      • Jul 2009

Finally got around to taking pictures of our setup. It's in a loft with very tall ceilings, lots of hard surfaces, and big windows... so acoustically it was a bit of a challenge... but that was all tamed with Acoustimac Suede acoustic panels and bass traps.

Equipment:
                      Pioneer KRP-600M (isf calibrated)
                      Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-Ray
                      Sony PS3
                      XBOX 360
                      Wii
                      Fanatec Racing Wheel
                      AppleTV
                      ATT U-verse DVR
                      Monster Power Conditioner
                      Logitech Harmony 890

Rotel RSX-1550
                      B&W 683 towers
                      B&W HTM61 center
                      B&W in ceiling surrounds
                      HSU Research VTF-12 MK2 sub

Pro-Ject RM-5.1SE Turntable

Acoustimac Suede acoustic panels and bass traps
                      Auralex Mopads under the center channel and Subdude under the sub

Comment

• kmmcgra
                        • Nov 2010

2 channel living room system with CM9's.

Comment

• dukester
                          • Sep 2010

Nice! I wonder if your sound would improve if you brought your CM9's forward a bit? How far are they from eachother and the sweet spot?
                          McIntosh C2300/MC302, NAD T785, Oppo 83se & 105, Squeezebox Touch, AppleTV, B&W 803Di/HTM2Di/M1, REL G1, Sony XBR9, PS3

Comment

• stuofsci02
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by dukester
                            Nice! I wonder if your sound would improve if you brought your CM9's forward a bit? How far are they from eachother and the sweet spot?
                            I was thinking the same thing..
                            Main System:
                            B&W 801D
                            Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                            Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                            Oppo BDP-105
                            Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                            B&W CM7
                            Emotiva UMC-1
                            Emotiva UPA-2
                            Oppo BDP-83SE
                            Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• kmmcgra
                              • Nov 2010

That speaker was tucked back some to get it in the picture with the equipment at an angle where the cones could be seen. They come out even more for sweet spot listening sessions. WAF says they stay back some when not in use.

Comment

• wettou
                                Ultra Senior Member
                                • May 2006

Originally posted by kmmcgra
                                2 channel living room system with CM9's.
                                Classé CP-800!

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Nov 2009

Alright... My Basement Manroom Project is coming along..

I just added a 60" plasma TV to the setup yesterday on a wallmount. I still need to get a component rack and when I do I will bring out my HTM4s. I hope to upgrade the HTM4s to an HTM3s at some point. I will also bring my CM7 down as rears.

Here is the original plans followed by how it looks now..

Cheers...
                                  Main System:
                                  B&W 801D
                                  Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                  Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                  Oppo BDP-105
                                  Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                  B&W CM7
                                  Emotiva UMC-1
                                  Emotiva UPA-2
                                  Oppo BDP-83SE
                                  Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                    • Oct 2010

I've always enjoyed viewing others' systems. Its great seeing others with the same passion (many claim obsession) I have. I've never posted photos of my set up till now. I should have waited as I have just upgraded my entire front end from 802N & htm1 to 800 Diamond & htm1 Diamond. I haven't gotten photos taken yet but I will have in about 2 weeks.

So anyway, this is as good a place to start as any. I've had several systems over the past 20 years. All but my first system included B&W speakers along with various other Components. This is my Dream Room & with my recent front end upgrade I now am close to my Dream system (which seems to be ever evolving). I will post the new pix in a couple weeks.

Very few understand my passion for this hobby... .. figured this would be one of few places where several would!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jrdiandrea
                                      I've always enjoyed viewing others' systems. Its great seeing others with the same passion (many claim obsession) I have. I've never posted photos of my set up till now. I should have waited as I have just upgraded my entire front end from 802N & htm1 to 800 Diamond & htm1 Diamond. I haven't gotten photos taken yet but I will have in about 2 weeks.

So anyway, this is as good a place to start as any. I've had several systems over the past 20 years. All but my first system included B&W speakers along with various other Components. This is my Dream Room & with my recent front end upgrade I now am close to my Dream system (which seems to be ever evolving). I will post the new pix in a couple weeks.

Very few understand my passion for this hobby... .. figured this would be one of few places where several would!
                                      Thats incredible.... What kind of room is that were you have that much space... You sir, deserve major props...

I just wish you hadn't posted it right next to my pictures...
                                      Main System:
                                      B&W 801D
                                      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                      Oppo BDP-105
                                      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                      B&W CM7
                                      Emotiva UMC-1
                                      Emotiva UPA-2
                                      Oppo BDP-83SE
                                      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• wettou
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • May 2006

Yes a lot of people are into cars, boats few are in Home Cinema, outstanding :T

Comment

• Skyblue
                                          • Jun 2009

What does it cost to enter?

While I do not share your enthusiasm for building HT rooms and all that, I can easely appreciate the effort that went into creating this one. Very well done indeed

Also, what do you think of the 800 diamonds, and how did you get a htm1 in that series?
                                          B&W 800 Diamond, B&W805S, B&W DB1, Classe SSP 800, DIY Icepower ASX2 600W monos, Ayre QB9, JPlay.

Comment

• HDBLU
                                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cntlaw
                                            Got them ~ 6 weeks, still pending for the SolidSteel 6.2 racks.

Very Nice setup Tony :T is there any think new you have.
                                            2ch Setup
                                            Krix Neupohonix
                                            Musical Fidelity M6i
                                            Musical Fidelity M6CDP
                                            Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
                                            MIT

Comment

• ninja12
                                              • Mar 2007

I have one word for you: SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :T :T :T

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                • Oct 2010

Very nice setup, it must sound amazing.

I noticed you say 800 Diamonds and HTM1 Diamond, do you mean the most current 800 series or the prior diamond series? The reason I ask is because of the mention of the HTM1 Diamond which doesn't exist, at least not officially. If that is the case did you special order it and if so would you mind letting us know of the price point compared to the discontinued HTM1D?

Thanks
                                                B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                  • Oct 2010

800 Diamonds

Originally posted by Rod#S
                                                  Very nice setup, it must sound amazing.

I noticed you say 800 Diamonds and HTM1 Diamond, do you mean the most current 800 series or the prior diamond series? The reason I ask is because of the mention of the HTM1 Diamond which doesn't exist, at least not officially. If that is the case did you special order it and if so would you mind letting us know of the price point compared to the discontinued HTM1D?

Thanks

My bad....it is NOT an HTM1 as you all have figured! My new L/R speakers (again, not shown in pix but forthcoming) are the new 800 "Diamond" series and includes the new HTM2 Diamond center.

This room was built about 2 1/2 years ago as part of an addition to my home. It is a dedicated music studio/theater. It was acoustically designed to maximize music performance for the listening experience. I also am a big movie buff and enjoy movies on weekends. My family might claim that there are times when I dissappear into the room Fridays after work and don't see them again till I resubmerge on Monday mornings to go to work!

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                    • Oct 2010

My bad....it is NOT an HTM1 as you all have figured! My new L/R speakers (again, not shown in pix but forthcoming) are the new 800 "Diamond" series and includes the new HTM2 Diamond center.

Thanks for the clarification. I just picked up the HTM2 Diamond last weekend, I'm sure you will enjoy it. My next purchase will be the 802 Diamonds though I sure wish I could afford the 800 Diamonds but I also have to be keeping an eye to the future because I will be replacing my Paradigm Reference side and rear surround with the new Diamond series speakers as well (once the 802s are paid for), it's just a matter of deciding on which ones to get.
                                                    B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• scanido
                                                      • Apr 2006

jrdiandrea - amazing setup!

I love the spaciousness and the finishes you've chosen for your room. Just out of curiosity, what are the room's dimensions including ceiling height?

Looking forward to seeing those new 800 Diamonds!

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                        • Oct 2010

This room was built about 2 1/2 years ago as part of an addition to my home. It is a dedicated music studio/theater. It was acoustically designed to maximize music performance for the listening experience. I also am a big movie buff and enjoy movies on weekends. My family might claim that there are times when I dissappear into the room Fridays after work and don't see them again till I resubmerge on Monday mornings to go to work!
                                                        What speakers are you using for your surrounds, I can't tell from the pictures? Is that a Runco projector? I also spy some Lexicon gear in the back, I also have a MC-12. I'm actually quite torn right now between getting the 802 Diamonds or waiting for the rumored MC-12 replacement later this year but I must say after getting the HTM2 Diamond I really, really want the 802s to complete the front end upgrade.

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                          • Oct 2010

Thanks for the clarification. I just picked up the HTM2 Diamond last weekend, I'm sure you will enjoy it. My next purchase will be the 802 Diamonds though I sure wish I could afford the 800 Diamonds but I also have to be keeping an eye to the future because I will be replacing my Paradigm Reference side and rear surround with the new Diamond series speakers as well (once the 802s are paid for), it's just a matter of deciding on which ones to get.

Getting the new 800 series on my sides/rear is on my future list as well. Then I'll be done, I hope!

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                            • Oct 2010

How do you guys post decent sized pictures here? I tried last night but the limit is smaller than my smallest picture. Not that I'm a great photographer and my camera is only 4.1 MP so I can't seem to get nice high res shots like so many of you here but since I'm now part of the family I was hoping to post a couple shots.

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by scanido
                                                              jrdiandrea - amazing setup!

I love the spaciousness and the finishes you've chosen for your room. Just out of curiosity, what are the room's dimensions including ceiling height?

Looking forward to seeing those new 800 Diamonds!

The room, while not perfect dimensionally, is approx 21' wide, 27' deep. The ceiling is 10' in the front, and 8' in the rear.

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                                • Oct 2010

What speakers are you using for your surrounds, I can't tell from the pictures? Is that a Runco projector? I also spy some Lexicon gear in the back, I also have a MC-12. I'm actually quite torn right now between getting the 802 Diamonds or waiting for the rumored MC-12 replacement later this year but I must say after getting the HTM2 Diamond I really, really want the 802s to complete the front end upgrade.

I have the SCM1s on the sides and rear. Yes, the Runco is a VX22d...an awesome machine. The Lexicon is the MC12HD.

It is really ironic that you are weighing the benefits of a "possible" MC12 replacement vs. the 800 Diamond upgrade. I DID THE EXACT SAME THING!!! As soon as it became clear it wasn't happening at CEDIA last Sept I made my decision to do the Diamond series first!! We'll see what happens with Lex down the road. I am actually still satisfied with the MC12HD and when the new platform is released I will then begin research into whether to stay with Lexicon or replace my current MC 12 with something else.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                  • Oct 2010

I have the SCM1s on the sides and rear. Yes, the Runco is a VX22d...an awesome machine. The Lexicon is the MC12HD.

It is really ironic that you are weighing the benefits of a "possible" MC12 replacement vs. the 800 Diamond upgrade. I DID THE EXACT SAME THING!!! As soon as it became clear it wasn't happening at CEDIA last Sept I made my decision to do the Diamond series first!! We'll see what happens with Lex down the road. I am actually still satisfied with the MC12HD and when the new platform is released I will then begin research into whether to stay with Lexicon or replace my current MC 12 with something else.
                                                                  :B ...Yeah a lot of Lex owners are in the same position. My reason for waiting so long was the fear of missing out on a potential trade-in program because without it I probably can't afford the new platform, I definitely can't afford the 802s and a new Lex in the same year. Aparantely the new Lex was secretly at CEDIA and was shown privately to a select few at CES and that's where the reports of the replacment being a 2011 product have surfaced from. I'm the same as you, although I don't have the HD, other than the convience of having HDMI and the ability to send 7.1 material (as little as there is out there) to the Lex I'm not really missing anything.

The Runco must be amazing. It's too bad that B&W discontinued their dedicated surround speakers along with the HTM1D as having new SCM Diamonds or DS8 Diamonds would have been a no brainer for me in my choice of side surrounds just leaving the question of either 805, 804 or 803 Diamonds for the rears. At the moment it looks like the 805 Diamond will be used for side surrounds. It's too bad B&W did not upgrade the mid range driver in the 805 Diamond to the FST to perfectly match the mid range drivers in the other speakers.

Comment

• jrdiandrea
                                                                    Junior Member
                                                                    • Oct 2010

:B ...Yeah a lot of Lex owners are in the same position. My reason for waiting so long was the fear of missing out on a potential trade-in program because without it I probably can't afford the new platform, I definitely can't afford the 802s and a new Lex in the same year. Aparantely the new Lex was secretly at CEDIA and was shown privately to a select few at CES and that's where the reports of the replacment being a 2011 product have surfaced from. I'm the same as you, although I don't have the HD, other than the convience of having HDMI and the ability to send 7.1 material (as little as there is out there) to the Lex I'm not really missing anything.

The Runco must be amazing. It's too bad that B&W discontinued their dedicated surround speakers along with the HTM1D as having new SCM Diamonds or DS8 Diamonds would have been a no brainer for me in my choice of side surrounds just leaving the question of either 805, 804 or 803 Diamonds for the rears. At the moment it looks like the 805 Diamond will be used for side surrounds. It's too bad B&W did not upgrade the mid range driver in the 805 Diamond to the FST to perfectly match the mid range drivers in the other speakers.
                                                                    I don't know exactly what I will do with the sides/rears, especially if they do not readdress wall mounted speakers in the 800 series. I may be forced to let things as they are, which is not at all a bad thjing. However, I was hoping they would extend the series again. Don't know if tht's realistic.

Comment

• scanido
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Apr 2006

I don't know exactly what I will do with the sides/rears, especially if they do not readdress wall mounted speakers in the 800 series. I may be forced to let things as they are, which is not at all a bad thjing. However, I was hoping they would extend the series again. Don't know if tht's realistic.

In the same boat. Wish B&W at least kept the SCMS surround.

Recently replaced my 803S with 802 Diamonds and will be getting the HTM2 Diamond to match, but I only have room for wall mounted rear speakers in my current configuration. Currently using SCMS and my only gripe so far is that they don't aesthetically match the Piano black. Sound wise - they do blend surprisingly well.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Nov 2009

How do you guys post decent sized pictures here? I tried last night but the limit is smaller than my smallest picture. Not that I'm a great photographer and my camera is only 4.1 MP so I can't seem to get nice high res shots like so many of you here but since I'm now part of the family I was hoping to post a couple shots.
                                                                        Upload them to photobucket and use the img tags to post them here...
                                                                        Main System:
                                                                        B&W 801D
                                                                        Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                        Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                        Oppo BDP-105
                                                                        Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                        B&W CM7
                                                                        Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                        Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                        Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                        Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                                                                          Upload them to photobucket and use the img tags to post them here...
                                                                          Thanks

Comment

• Uav83
                                                                            Member
                                                                            • Feb 2011
                                                                            • 47

My humble little set up!

Comment

• artv4
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Jun 2007
                                                                              • 277

Originally posted by Uav83
                                                                              My humble little set up!
                                                                              dope rig
                                                                              GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• RoDa
                                                                                Junior Member
                                                                                • Mar 2011
                                                                                • 7

Found this forum through google.

And I might as well share a few pics of my setup.
                                                                                Really enjoy the CM9s!

Best regards
                                                                                Rolf

Comment

• Uav83
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2011
                                                                                  • 47

Beautiful set up Rolf! Super clean!

Comment

• style
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • Feb 2006
                                                                                    • 1562

Hi RoDa,

clean an nice setup: I have see your picttures in "your country forum" :W

you have a appartment with a stereo part and a video section : how much (in m2) is this room?

thx Style

Comment

• mrciave
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Apr 2010
                                                                                      • 105

Great setup!

Like the table too :T .

And CM9 in piano black are really great. Design wise, I think they are the best of B&W.
                                                                                      2ch Setup: Esoteric SA-50, Linn Sondek LP-12 with Lingo and Ittok, Benz Ace SL, Gryphon Diablo, B&W 802D, Kubala-Sosna Emotion XLR and Speaker, Purist Audio Dominus power cords with Oyaide C/P-004/046, Finite-Elemente Pagode Master Reference, Cerapuc, Cerabase, Bybees

Home Theater Setup: Panasonic P50VT50T Plasma, Oppo BDP-95 BD Player with digital optical to Esoteric

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2010
                                                                                        • 474

Don't say I didn't warn you all about the crappy picture quality :B

Comment

• style
                                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                                          • Feb 2006
                                                                                          • 1562

Nice set Rod,

you use a power sopply or similar? if yes what?

802di: you place the new "jewels" on the same place of the Paradigm or more
                                                                                          vrsur the listing point? if yes the center will beplaced avenced more vs. the L&R.... space from the L&R and the listingplace?

ths Style

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Oct 2010
                                                                                            • 474

Hi style, yes I use power supplies. The first thing is a Furman SPR-20i, a voltage regulator which ensures everything sees a constant 120. One of my Paradigm Reference Servo 15's is plugged into that, the one on the left, as well as a dual cassette deck (which you can't see, it's on the middle shelf of my tv stand), a VCR and an original Xbox. My main power conditioner is a Furman IT-Reference which everything else but my Paradigm Signature Sub-25 is plugged into and the IT-Reference itself is plugged into the SPR-20i. I plug the Sub-25 straight into the wall for 2 reasons, 1 there was no more power amp outlets on my IT-Reference and 2 because it outputs more power than my 2 Servo 15's and 3 Bryston amps combined I want it to be on it's on circuit. The power all ready dims when each of the Brystons gets turned on

Placement of the 802Di's is a bit up in the air. Ideally I want to finally move to a symmetrical layout meaning I want to swap my right servo sub with the rack but I have to buy a lot of longer cables to pull that off as that's the main reason the right side is laid out as it is, the cables were all existing cables and they were to short. Next I was thinking of moving the 802Di's out some and more on the same plane as the HTM2Di providing it doesn't look to silly with the tv sort of stuck behind everything.

I'm not sure of the exact measurements but I'm definitely not at the equilateral triangle with the left/right and seating position. As the layout is right now it actually wouldn't be too far off but once I swap and sub and rack the distance between the left and right will obviously be decreased.

Frankly the room sucks, layout, walls, floors, everything, and as a result I live in one of the most compromised layouts imaginable for this hobby but that's the price of trying to put this much stuff in an apartment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"