This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philw101
    • Jul 2012

Hello all - while its no PewterTA setup! (Jealous by that post by the way! )

My offering to the forum -

Last edited by philw101; 20 October 2012, 10:45 Saturday.
    Samsung D7000 55" LED TV, B&W 800 Series - 804s,HTM3s, 805s (Rears), B&W ASW825 Sub, Onkyo PR-SC5508, Classe CA-5200, Classe CP-500, Classe CDP-102, Oppo BDP-EU95, SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 , B&W P5 Headphones. Pro-ject Debut III Turntable

Comment

• Blindamood
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by philw101
      Hello all - while its no PewterTA setup! (Jealous by that post by the way! )

My offering to the forum -

Very nice setup! Could use a bit more space between the mains, but I'm sure you've already thought about that.
      Brad

Comment

• philw101
        • Jul 2012

Hi there Blindamood - thanks for your comments - yes sadly due to space requirements in my apartment I have to leave the mains there - will change when I get my dedicated room
        Samsung D7000 55" LED TV, B&W 800 Series - 804s,HTM3s, 805s (Rears), B&W ASW825 Sub, Onkyo PR-SC5508, Classe CA-5200, Classe CP-500, Classe CDP-102, Oppo BDP-EU95, SKY+ HD, Sony PS3 , B&W P5 Headphones. Pro-ject Debut III Turntable

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Pio... I have to say the room for some reason really works with the 802Ds... maybe it's because it's filled enough with junk! ha ha. They really fill the room much better than the 604s did... I never realized how "small" the 604s seemed until I got these and it's such a nice upgrade!!!! At first I wasn't sure about the Piano black, but I'm honestly in love with them for the sheer fact that they tend to disappear when watching a movie or listening to music. With the Cherry or Rosenut I think I would've focused on them more than actually listening to the music. ...and it's not like the Piano Black aren't gorgeous! ha ha. I'd like to now get a night TV/entertainment stand that's made of really like wood to make it stand out against the speakers. I think that'll set it off...but that'll wait until these are paid off (2 years)!

Philw101.... Don't be jealous... heck...if I had had your setup... I wouldn't have gotten mine!!! I'd be perfectly happy with what you got (and almost did with the diamonds)! Things just happened to work out perfectly for me that I got lucky enough at the right time (perfect storm scenario) that I could afford them and give my old setup to someone that loves them as much as I did. Infact he might love them more as they sound even BETTER in his place than they did at mine... So I'm sort of shocked because I might not have gotten rid of them if they sounded like they do over at his place when I had them at mine!

Your setup is killer just need a little more room to spread things out so they can really open up and start imaging well!
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• kobestonecold
            • Sep 2007

2 CH
            B&W 804D
            Krell s-300i integrated Amp
            Krell s-350a CD player
            Slinkylinks 99% pure silver speaker cables, interconnect
            Audioquest NRG-10 power cable
            Belkin Pure PF60 Line conditioner

HT
            Sony 46
            Onkyo AV
            B&W MT-30 mini Theatre

Comment

• leo2498
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by kobestonecold
              2 CH
              B&W 804D
              Krell s-300i integrated Amp
              Krell s-350a CD player
              Slinkylinks 99% pure silver speaker cables, interconnect
              Audioquest NRG-10 power cable
              Belkin Pure PF60 Line conditioner

HT
              Sony 46
              Onkyo AV
              B&W MT-30 mini Theatre
              [/URL]
              congrats kobestonecold for the new system, why don't use your 804 with your HT too?
              Leo,
              Saludos
              My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• kobestonecold
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by leo2498
                congrats kobestonecold for the new system, why don't use your 804 with your HT too?
                For movie, i believe that B&W M-1 really shine so no need for the 804D. They look small but not the sound.

804D just for the pure music only, this is where M1 struggle. :

Comment

• Henry982
                  • Jul 2012

This is my setup. Thoughts and comments are welcome...

Thanks,
                  Attached Files
                  Henry,

B&W CM8, Rotel RC-1550, RB-1552.
                  PS3, Laptops HP Beats.
                  Sub T-2
                  Peachtree DAC

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Henry, very nice!!!!

I personally like the chair for the laptop! I think that's awesome, that's the way I sent stuff up, whatever works!

I bet that setup sounds pretty good!!! Definitely a fan of the new black rotel series!

Probably the best anyone can say is it might be nice for some sound absorbtion panels behind the speakers.
                    -Dan

Comment

• stuofsci02
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by PewterTA
                      Henry, very nice!!!!

I personally like the chair for the laptop! I think that's awesome, that's the way I sent stuff up, whatever works!

I bet that setup sounds pretty good!!! Definitely a fan of the new black rotel series!

Probably the best anyone can say is it might be nice for some sound absorbtion panels behind the speakers.
                      And probably out a little more from the wall if there is space..
                      Main System:
                      B&W 801D
                      Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                      Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                      Oppo BDP-105
                      Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                      B&W CM7
                      Emotiva UMC-1
                      Emotiva UPA-2
                      Oppo BDP-83SE
                      Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• Henry982
                        • Jul 2012

Pweter thanks for your answer. Yep the chair is temporary but it has worked fine until now.

I would take the advice about moving the speakers. Maybe the picture is not good enough to show the distance (about .3mts) but I tried and even further sound better.

Thanks again, and Pweter your setup really looks amazing. As I said before that is the next level.

Good night.
                        Henry,

B&W CM8, Rotel RC-1550, RB-1552.
                        PS3, Laptops HP Beats.
                        Sub T-2
                        Peachtree DAC

Comment

• leo2498
                          • Feb 2012

New upgrades of my HT

Hi Guys,
                          I'm posting the new upgrades and officially my HT:

specially I want to thanks to Stuart and Kal for they give a little of their time with accurate advices. I need to work hard to get the best sound of this but now I'm really happy with the result.
                          :T
                          Leo,
                          Saludos
                          My HT: B&W 804D fronts, HTM4D center, 805D rears, Classe CA-2300 Main amp, Preamp Stereo CLASSE CP800, Preamp Multi Marantz AV8801, Parasound A31 center and Surround Amp, Source Oppo BDP-95 screen Samsung 55" UE55d8000 SVS SB12-NSD

Stereo: B&W 804S fronts, Pre: Denon AVR-2809 Amp: Rotel 1582, Source Marantz CD5004.

Comment

• PewterTA
                            • Nov 2004

Leo: One word.... AWESOME!!!!!!! I love the marble/granite bases!
                            -Dan

Comment

• Blindamood
                              • Sep 2003

Hi Guys,
                              I'm posting the new upgrades and officially my HT:
                              I was wondering why the Oppo's front panel had a pattern on it, but it looks like protective film...
                              Brad

Comment

• leo2498
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by PewterTA
                                Leo: One word.... AWESOME!!!!!!! I love the marble/granite bases!
                                Thanks Dan, I hope someday get the 802Di too (I not have enough room for them) :T
                                Leo,
                                Saludos

Comment

• leo2498
                                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Blindamood
                                  I was wondering why the Oppo's front panel had a pattern on it, but it looks like protective film...
                                  jajaja I did not remove this film before the picture, but right now it not have this. :rofl:
                                  Leo,
                                  Saludos

Comment

• akhter
                                    • Jun 2005

Here are my new 802 Diamonds

(pic removed)
                                    Last edited by akhter; 26 August 2012, 07:47 Sunday.

Comment

• akhter
                                      • Jun 2005

Better pics

Comment

• Freddie40
                                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by akhter
                                        Better pics

Akhter,

Very Nice. You will love them once they break in

Dave
                                        Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 20 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable, Crystal Clear Music Power Cords

Comment

• akhter
                                          • Jun 2005

Yes quite harsh now and badly under powered. Currently using my linn majik dsm integrated which is 50wpc on 8ohm. Waiting for the new rack before I get the mcintosh and linn akurate dsm. Got the speakers early to kick start the breakin.

Comment

• Rod#S
                                            • Oct 2010

Very nice akhter, welcome to the 802 Diamond owners club
                                            B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Rod#S
                                              • Oct 2010

Better pics

How far apart are your speakers? That looks like a Pioneer plasma but I can't tell if it's a 50" or 60". I have a 60" myself so if you have a 60" then the speakers appear to be placed roughly as far apart as mine, maybe a foot further. How far back is your seating position?
                                              B&W 800 Diamonds (L/R), HTM2 Diamond (C), 802 Diamonds (SL/SR), Paradigm Signature Sub 25 (LFE), Reference Servo 15a x 2 (Stereo subs), Lexicon MC-12Bv5EQ SSP, Bryston 28B-SST2x 2, 7B-SST2x2, 4B-SST C Series, BDP-2, Oppo UDP-205, Pioneer Elite Kuro PRO-150FD, Furman SPR-20i, IT-Reference, Eastlink Maestro PVR, Xbox One & 360, PS3, Siltech Golden Ridge II, Ruby Hill IIx2, 330ix2, Kimber Kable PK10 Gold, Tonic, PBJ, Cadence, HD19e, HD19, OPT-1, HDSW 4x1, Ixos 6003, Harmony 1000

Comment

• Grasynoll
                                                • Mar 2006

Out of curiosity, what are the blue things on the cabinet??

Comment

• akhter
                                                  • Jun 2005

Baby proofing straps! Waiting for my new bdi rack so I have space for amps.

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Nov 2009

I picked this up too.. I have the same things on my sliding doors to my back yard...
                                                    Main System:
                                                    B&W 801D
                                                    Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                    Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                    Oppo BDP-105
                                                    Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                    B&W CM7
                                                    Emotiva UMC-1
                                                    Emotiva UPA-2
                                                    Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                    Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• leo2498
                                                      • Feb 2012

I wondering how could you avoid that the tiny hands of the baby could not damage the speakers? 8O
                                                      Leo,
                                                      Saludos

Comment

• Rod#S
                                                        • Oct 2010

I wondering how could you avoid that the tiny hands of the baby could not damage the speakers? 8O
                                                        I'm wondering the same thing. He is one brave individual. No way would I let a baby within 50 feet of my 802's in fear of projectile vomiting or any free willy action let alone actually close enough to actually touch the speakers.

Comment

• Grasynoll
                                                          • Mar 2006

That's what I thought. Just had a tweeter replaced because my grandson "pushed the silver button" on the 4th of July.

Comment

• akhter
                                                            • Jun 2005

Well I live in a 1400 square ft apartment in Hong Kong (rent is crazy here) and there just isn't that much space to go around :'(

The 802 Diamonds are huge--my son cannot even clear the woofers and it will be a few years before he can even touch the midrange 'head'. by the time he can reach the tweeter, he will be old enough and trained well enough for it to not be an issue.

it was a case of embracing fatherhood and getting the upgrade i wanted or waiting a few more years...also now that i am a father, i do spend MUCH more time home and so have more time to enjoy music

Comment

• SPACEMANRICK
                                                              • May 2005

Well I live in a 1400 square ft apartment in Hong Kong (rent is crazy here) and there just isn't that much space to go around :'(

The 802 Diamonds are huge--my son cannot even clear the woofers and it will be a few years before he can even touch the midrange 'head'. by the time he can reach the tweeter, he will be old enough and trained well enough for it to not be an issue.

it was a case of embracing fatherhood and getting the upgrade i wanted or waiting a few more years...also now that i am a father, i do spend MUCH more time home and so have more time to enjoy music
                                                              Enjoy your new system and new family in good health! These years when you have young ones fly by too fast so enjoy the music and watching your kids grow up

Comment

• leo2498
                                                                • Feb 2012

that’s good men. I'm in the same road like you my son only have one year old and few days ago he put his beautiful finger in my 804Di speaker (I have this in a dedicated room, live in apartment too) I was almost in a heart attack jajaja but the only solution I have is locked the door of this room but that is the risk in the fatherhood .
                                                                Leo,
                                                                Saludos

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • Nov 2004

Man.. every time I see a two-channel setup of 802's, I always think about down-sizing. I love the simplistic look of a pair of 802's like that. Beautiful setup!
                                                                  B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• sgtjim57
                                                                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                                    Man.. every time I see a two-channel setup of 802's, I always think about down-sizing. I love the simplistic look of a pair of 802's like that. Beautiful setup!
                                                                    Wish I could justify the price of a pair of 802's. They are a beautiful alien looking speaker and would fit right into my living room.
                                                                    Sony Bravia OLED A1E 55"
                                                                    SVS SB 2000 X 2
                                                                    Denon X4000 (Looking to upgrade due to 4K, ATMOS, DTSX)
                                                                    Oppo BDP 93
                                                                    Apple TV 4K
                                                                    B & W N804 Mains
                                                                    B & W 603 Rear surrounds
                                                                    B & W LCR 600 Center
                                                                    B & W CDS6 (Not in use)
                                                                    Sony TA N77ES (Not in use)

Comment

• akhter
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by sgtjim57
                                                                      Wish I could justify the price of a pair of 802's. They are a beautiful alien looking speaker and would fit right into my living room.
                                                                      I just went through the downsize:

Original setup:
                                                                      B&W N804 mains
                                                                      B&W XTC Center
                                                                      Velodyne DD-12 subwoofer
                                                                      Anthem MRX700 receiver
                                                                      Apple TV Source

Current setup:
                                                                      B&W 802D2 mains
                                                                      Linn Majik DSM Source+Pre+amp

Final setup and something I had been dreaming to get for about 10 years (~one month from now once my new rack comes)
                                                                      B&W 802D2 mains
                                                                      Linn Akurate DSM source+pre
                                                                      Mcintosh MC302 or MC452 power amp

While this setup costs 3x+ of the last one, there are far fewer boxes and cables. Other than the Anthem I had the last setup for more than 8 years and sold each component for more than 70percent of the price I paid. this was one of the biggest reasons i went for such a big upgrade. if you look at the 2nd hand value of the three new components its 80pc+ new price for stuff that is 3 years old! not that i am planning to sell anything for a while...

The 802D2s are works of art and one of the finest looking speakers.

Comment

• HedgeHog
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Dec 2008

Congrats on you 802s and the offspring!

When I had mine (twins to boot) I did this and it has worked ever since...

PS. the cushions has since returned to the living room to keep the sofas company.
                                                                        Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD / Oppo BDP-105 / Apple TV G2 / QNAP Turbo NAS TS-210
                                                                        Classe Audio SSP-800 / Classe Audio CA-M400 (x2) + CA-5200
                                                                        B&W 802D2 / B&W HTM2D2 / B&W CCM-818 / JL Audio Fathom 113
                                                                        Richard Gray Substation 240V + 1200 Custom / ESD Cable Isolators Mk II.
                                                                        Clear Day Double Shotgun Spkr Cable / White Zombie Audio ZeroPointZero Silver XLR / LessLoss DFPC Original

Comment

• leo2498
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by HedgeHog
                                                                          Congrats on you 802s and the offspring!

When I had mine (twins to boot) I did this and it has worked ever since...

PS. the cushions has since returned to the living room to keep the sofas company.
                                                                          :rofl: very useful the final solution
                                                                          Leo,
                                                                          Saludos

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                            Moderator
                                                                            • Nov 2004
                                                                            • 2901

Leo!!!! Awesome!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!
                                                                            -Dan

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Nov 2009
                                                                              • 1241

Guys/Girls,

Just replaced my 804s with these...

Thanks for lookin!
                                                                              Main System:
                                                                              B&W 801D
                                                                              Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                              Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                              Oppo BDP-105
                                                                              Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                              B&W CM7
                                                                              Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                              Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                              Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                              Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• aarsoe
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2004
                                                                                • 795

Congratiolations. May the "marriage" be long and fruitfull. Hopefully you won't be looking at anything else for a long time..

Comment

• stuofsci02
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Nov 2009
                                                                                  • 1241

Originally posted by aarsoe
                                                                                  Congratiolations. May the "marriage" be long and fruitfull. Hopefully you won't be looking at anything else for a long time..
                                                                                  Are you referring to my marriage with my wife? Cause after buying these I sure hope so too... :lol:
                                                                                  Main System:
                                                                                  B&W 801D
                                                                                  Emotiva USP-1 Pre-Amp
                                                                                  Chord SPM-650 Stereo Amp
                                                                                  Oppo BDP-105
                                                                                  Squeezebox Touch

Second System:
                                                                                  B&W CM7
                                                                                  Emotiva UMC-1
                                                                                  Emotiva UPA-2
                                                                                  Oppo BDP-83SE
                                                                                  Grant Fidelity DAC-09

Comment

• aarsoe
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2004
                                                                                    • 795

Was actually thinking of your 801's. You know the second you start looking at new speakers seriously, the old ones at home no longer have the same appeal. Hence the referel to marriage.

Comment

• ninja12
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2007
                                                                                      • 181

@stuofsci02

Congratulations!!!!!! I hope they sound as good as they look. You might be at the point of diminishing returns now; but, time will tell. ENJOY!!!!

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                                        Moderator
                                                                                        • Nov 2004
                                                                                        • 2901

Looks awesome... HUGE.... but awesome!!!

Definitely let us know your opinions on them over the 804s!!!!! I'm sure it's sort of a night and day thing!
                                                                                        -Dan

Comment

• leo2498
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Feb 2012
                                                                                          • 370

Originally posted by stuofsci02
                                                                                          Guys/Girls,

Just replaced my 804s with these...

Thanks for lookin!
                                                                                          It look like a big improvement Stuart, it is a Huge speaker! :E you had the opportunity of compare the 804 side by side with this? I assume that it is a night to day difference! :B
                                                                                          Leo,
                                                                                          Saludos

Comment

• vlasis
                                                                                            Member
                                                                                            • May 2007
                                                                                            • 58

For me its one of the best speaker ever....BUT-----my friend you need power.....lots of watts for this awesome sound beast!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"