Clear All
  • Claude D D
    • Jan 2003

Nice Set-up Steve.Looks like a Salamander stand? :T

Comment

• Steve Ruddy
      • Feb 2005

Looks like a Salamander stand
      Yep I had to shim the panels though to keep out the rattles. I think they should have designed it differently so that wouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• jahlion
        • Feb 2005

Above is a link to my new setup without B&W's. I sold my whole B&W setup last year (along with the HDTV) - I needed to get a new computer (G5 2.5GHz and 30" Cinema Display), and a new Salamander theater chair (so I can work all day and night to pay for my new setup). I also got the computer upgraded with 4x 300GB hard drives to store my CD's and DVD's... Now I have 1200 gigs worth of CD's and DVD's only two clicks away...

I'm getting the new B&W 802D's as long as I (or my dealer friends) passed the B&W 800 test. Of course I won't be stopping there, let's see... HTM1D, 805S?... hmm. Now I just need to decide if I want cherrywood, or try the new rosenut finish...

OLD B&W Nautilus setups:
        Attached Files

Comment

• johan
          • Dec 2004

jahlion, what you need is a bigger room (or smaller speakers). There is more sound coming from those walls than from your speakers and thats just a shame on such good speakers.

Comment

• jahlion
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by johan
            jahlion, what you need is a bigger room (or smaller speakers). There is more sound coming from those walls than from your speakers and thats just a shame on such good speakers.
            I know I need a bigger room but I'm not building my system for this room. I actually don't even have any B&W's at the moment - I sold them all to a friend of mine last year. I'm 25 years old and still live at my mom's house, but I am getting the new 802D's to start off my system again. I know that once I buy my own house (and have a big, dedicated home theater room), I won't be able to afford anything else, especially not B&W's... I don't know how people can afford stuff like this, and still pay their mortage.

I like to tell myself that the B&W's are an investment in my HD production company. I'm going to need a high-quality reference system for my clients to check out the final product. Right?

Comment

• BlazeMaster
              • May 2004

of course jahlion, if it matters to you, George Lucas uses B&W Nautilus line for his Skywalker Ranch. That definitly says something about the reputation of B&W in the audio industry.

Comment

• weijst
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jahlion
                ...I'm 25 years old and still live at my mom's house, but I am getting the new 802D's to start off my system again. I know that once I buy my own house (and have a big, dedicated home theater room), I won't be able to afford anything else, especially not B&W's... I don't know how people can afford stuff like this, and still pay their mortage.
                I don't mean to insult you my friend, but you might be one of those people too... A 25 year old, at his mom's house living person spending $12000 on speakers (802D) is already beyond my understanding. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Cheers!
                Marantz SR7005, UD5007; B&W SCMS, Nautilus SCM1; Velodyne SPL-1200R

Comment

• jahlion
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by weijst
                  I don't mean to insult you my friend, but you might be one of those people too... A 25 year old, at his mom's house living person spending $12000 on speakers (802D) is already beyond my understanding. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong!

Cheers!
                  OK, I admit I shouldn't spend as much as I do on this stuff, but I don't have any monthly bills to pay (except cable and cell phone). Besides, B&W's are a good investment if you can get a deal on them. I am friends everyone who works at my local B&W dealer (you could say I am even an employee). My old Nautilus setup cost me only $8,400 (N802 $5,300, N805 + N805 stand $1,900, HTM2 + HTM stand $1,200) and I sold them all to a friend, five years later, for the same price I paid.

I participated in a competition from B&W on the new 800 series. The winner will get a pair of 802D's. I don't expect to win, but, anyone who passes the test can buy a pair of speakers from the new 800 range for 50% off! That is how I plan on getting my new 802D's.

BTW. George Lucas upgraded to the new 802D's at Skywalker Ranch.

Comment

• PewterTA
                    • Nov 2004

Hee hee, I was going to say at 25 yrs old, how could you spend so much money on HT stuff!!!

But then I forgot, two years ago (when I was 25) I bought the Trans Am -- second car only for nice days...which is a little more than the B&Ws, and I got the B&W(600 series)/Rotel combo now... So I definitely spent a lot more than Jahlion...

It's tough, I'd love to have gotten the B&W 802s...but at the same point, in the summer when I pull my car out...I love that just as much...

Oh well hopefully I can afford the 802s down the road some day.

Jahlion, I think you are on the right track, get the stuff while you can, once the house/bills/kids/whatever comes along, you won't be able to do this (unless you make lots of money -- I know I'll never be on that track lol).

I just wish I could've bought your old setup off of ya.
                    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                    -Dan

Comment

• jericho
                      • Dec 2004

I'am sinds now the HAPPY owner of a pair Nautilus New 800D
                      Attached Files

Comment

• jahlion
                        • Feb 2005

Wow!

Comment

• Lewing
                          • Oct 2004

8O 8O 8O
                          To me the 800D is definitely the speaker to die for.
                          Hope to own a pair of that in the future.
                          Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• johan
                            • Dec 2004

Congratulations jericho! Thats the best speaker I've ever heard, best looking too. My absolute dream speaker. More pics please!!

Comment

• alkalay
                              • Jun 2004

Congrats jericho :T I'm sure you are about to enjoy them very very very much...

Just wondering what's feeding those beautiful 800D's?

Oh yes I'm with johan, more pics please.

Itai.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                • Nov 2004

Jericho -- ;x( :amen: :drool:

:jawdrop:

Beautiful!!!!!
                                -Dan

Comment

• jericho
                                  • Dec 2004

I'm going to put two Classé CA-M400 on the 800D

Comment

• js24
                                    • Feb 2005

Beautiful-----------
                                    looks actually better than the old 800N
                                    congrats. :T

Comment

• Romanesq
                                      • Feb 2005

component stack

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                                      Johan,

Beautiful set-up..

Got to love those 802s and that HTM1 in your room!

Geoff
                                      gotta say, those components are just begging, begging to be put on a Grand Prix Monaco stand.
                                      The improvement would be startling trust me.

Comment

• juha
                                        • Feb 2005

Here`s my system

Dcs La Scala
                                        Dcs Elgar+
                                        Dcs Verona
                                        M-L 333.5
                                        Acoustic treatment by Svanå

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild007.webp
Views:	156
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	936117
                                        Last edited by theSven; 04 May 2023, 15:56 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ti33er
                                          • Apr 2004

...I know some that will argue those are the best B&W's ever built hehe! Very nice

PS. With all the acoustical treatment I am surprised you havent carpeted the floors?
                                          "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

• juha
                                            • Feb 2005

Im still building my listening room so be sure..its coming. Its not so "cold" in real life as it looks.

Comment

• johan
                                              • Dec 2004

Juha,
                                              Beutiful setup! Nice to see some 801s, first ever in this thread. More pics!

Comment

• juha
                                                • Feb 2005

Thanks! Maybe because its not the easiest around : )

Comment

• juha
                                                  • Feb 2005

Another angle

Name:	Bild009.webp
Views:	160
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	936118
                                                  Last edited by theSven; 04 May 2023, 15:56 Thursday. Reason: Update iamge location

Comment

• juha
                                                    • Feb 2005

Couple month ago

Name:	juhahifisystem.webp
Views:	61
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	948692
                                                    Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 16:16 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• kmak
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • Dec 2002

Juha,

Oikeen Hyvaa!! Mina on Huono suomalainen.

Ken Makela

Comment

• juha
                                                        • Feb 2005

kitos kitos ei ossa nin paljon soumia: ( vain routsia ja englantia

Comment

• kmak
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Dec 2002

Sinaa ot Ruotsalainen? Mina on Kanadalainen.

Nice set-up Juha!

Comment

• juha
                                                            • Feb 2005

Thanks! Im swedish but my parents are from Finland.

Comment

• RU Geekman
                                                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Claude D D
                                                              Yeah a couple of guys at my work figure it's a store in Vancouver Canada. Are you an audio/video fraud Igor?
                                                              Originally posted by Mark_C.
                                                              I don't think we'll be hearing from Igor anymore. And please, everyone, take a look again at Igor's "two-channel room,'' with the Tiger's eye Sigs and Classe gear. Look at the cheesey drapes hanging behind the setup. It's a hotel room. Obviously from some audio/video show. Still, they're very nice photos. Only "Igor'' shouldn't be pawning them off as his setup.
                                                              You both have unjustly insulted the owner of the Hi-Fi Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia. Whether the gear is at his store or in his home is immaterial because, either way, he owns it and can enjoy it whenever he chooses! So, why not be a man about this and offer Mr. Igor Kivritsky the apology he deserves?
                                                              Last edited by RU Geekman; 04 March 2005, 08:01 Friday.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by RU Geekman
                                                                You both have unjustly insulted the owner of the Hi-Fi Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia. Whether the gear is at his store or in his home is immaterial because, either way, he owns it and can enjoy it whenever he chooses! So, why not be a man about this and offer Mr. Igor Kivritsky the apology he deserves?
                                                                I'm sure there wouldn't have been any problems if Igor had just said look at these setups, they are from a local store or from this or that... But he basically claimed they are his own personal (in the home) setups, that's where the problem lies...

They really are not saying anything more than that...
                                                                -Dan

Comment

• RU Geekman
                                                                  • Mar 2005

That is a distinction without a difference. Since he owns the store they ARE his set-ups. There is nothing "fraudulent" about that. By accusing him of taking pictures of someone else's gear and passing it off as his own they were extremely discourteous and should apologize. We might have benefited from Igor's knowledge and experience as an authorized B&W dealer, but now we will never know what we missed as those gentlemen's remarks have most certainly made him feel unwelcome here.

Comment

• csuzor
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Nov 2004

Some photos of my modest system.
                                                                    The room is very open, speakers are laid out for SACD use, and there is a chair in the ideal position: the sofa hides the surrounds too much, so the chair is better sonically (need to find a comfortable chair though!)

Obviously, plenty of ways to upgrade from here...
                                                                    First will be sending the 704s to the rear and replacing them with 703s
                                                                    Then will be a pre- and power- amp (currently thinking Rotel 1068 + 1075)
                                                                    Then will be a large LCD or Plasma screen
                                                                    Then will be a ASW700...

Before then, though, need to finish the pool outside, that'll help cool things off during summer!

You guys have great systems, gives me something to strive for!

Christophe

edit: I have progressed with my upgrade plan, got the Rotel 1068 + 1075, got the 703. Surround music sounds great.
                                                                    btw, the pool is finished, summer is here, so that is great too!
                                                                    Attached Files
                                                                    Last edited by csuzor; 10 June 2005, 09:35 Friday. Reason: update with Rotel and new 703

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                      • Nov 2004

Christophe,

Looks like a good system to me! :T

I like your plans as well for the future, you'll definitely enjoy the differences of the 1068 over the Denon for SACD listening. Along with the 1075 really helping to push the speakers better as well as opening up the sound stage.
                                                                      -Dan

Comment

• watchthewaves
                                                                        • Jul 2004

Let's cool it

Originally posted by RU Geekman
                                                                        That is a distinction without a difference. Since he owns the store they ARE his set-ups. There is nothing "fraudulent" about that. By accusing him of taking pictures of someone else's gear and passing it off as his own they were extremely discourteous and should apologize. We might have benefited from Igor's knowledge and experience as an authorized B&W dealer, but now we will never know what we missed as those gentlemen's remarks have most certainly made him feel unwelcome here.
                                                                        If you go thru the thread carefully, you'll see that in the posts immediately following Igor's 1st and 2nd posts, many were complimenting his systems and you could clearly see that everyone thought it was his own personal system in his home. He did not make any attempt to clarify or clear up the misconceptions. There was in particular, one post which stated that it almost looked like a B&W-Classe demo room. From what you've said, it indeed is one. Again, no clarification.

Then the comments started coming in that it was a dealer's setup and a hotel room setup. No word from Igor either. A simple "yes, I'm a dealer and yes the systems are mine" would have cleared everything up. He chose to remain silent. The fact that people thought he was a fraud and had simply taken pics of a dealer's setup to post here -- well, I'd say from how events unfolded, it was not beyond reason that they reached that conclusion.

Igor might feel that others have unfairly jumped to conclusions about him, whilst the others might feel that he has led people on by not providing the full facts from the onset and not clarifying along the way. Now if Igor would simply post a clarification personally, I'm pretty sure all this would be cleared up with no hard feelings. If he chooses to be stay out, well, that's his choice.

Now back to the music!

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                          Moderator
                                                                          • Nov 2004
                                                                          • 2901

Back to the Music? :

Back to more set ups!!!! ha ha
                                                                          -Dan

Comment

• Boone38
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Dec 2004
                                                                            • 114

I just brought these home and not able to even hear them as the cables still have not arrived. I think they look and sound awsome. I am however very humbled as I see many use the 805 for a rear and I chose to use it for the front. HTM4 for the center and DS6s for the rears. They will be powered by the Rotel 1075 and 1068. DVD player is the 1060. Cables are MIT AVT2 when they arrive.
                                                                            Love to look at the other systems.

Thanks :wink:
                                                                            Attached Files

Comment

• cmdwolf
                                                                              Junior Member
                                                                              • Mar 2005
                                                                              • 3

New to B&W

Just bought my first set of B&W speakers. I love them! I wish I had found this site earlier too. It could have helped me pick the start of my new system. The only thing I regret is not going with a bigger front speaker.

Reciever: Rotel RSX-1056
                                                                              Fronts: B&W CM4s
                                                                              Center: B&W CMC
                                                                              Sub: B&W ASW CM
                                                                              Rears: Bose 201

I plan on getting rid of the Bose so any recommendations would help. Actually any recommendations at all would help me build my new system.

Thanks
                                                                              Attached Files

Comment

• Mark_C.
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jan 2003
                                                                                • 386

New Salamander cabinet for me, a Triple 20. I'm experimenting with the center channel location. I moved it from the shelf above my TV to just below. So far, I haven't noticed any loss of quality from the repositioning. The stand is also 5 inches shorter than my old stand, which actually helps with viewing angles. Everything else remains the same. I'm still using the "old'' 805s for my mains. I didn't hear enough difference between the old 805 speakers and the new 805S to bother.
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• jahlion
                                                                                  Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2005
                                                                                  • 33

Nice setup. I really like the Salamander furniture. Looks like you have the same HDTV that I used to have. Is that the Sony Grand WEGA 50" or 60"?

Comment

• Mark_C.
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jan 2003
                                                                                    • 386

Thank you. I have the Grand Wega 50-inch. It's a very nice set. One of these days I might even get HDTV.

Comment

• lidistick
                                                                                      Junior Member
                                                                                      • Mar 2005
                                                                                      • 2

Hi guys.
                                                                                      New here. Just started working and in 4 weeks I spent it on some 602 S3s. (40% off retail as they were demo and had very minor cosmetic damage).
                                                                                      I'd love some Nautilus speakers.... but that'll come in time.

Image not available

Bono in my living room

Running off a cheapo DVD player...
                                                                                      and an Onkyo 502 receiver.
                                                                                      Need a new TV too. I've had that TV as a student for the past 4 years. Its done well but needs to be upgraded.
                                                                                      Patience sucks.

Cheers.
                                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 16:19 Friday. Reason: Remove broken image link

Comment

• Wega.zw
                                                                                        Junior Member
                                                                                        • Mar 2005
                                                                                        • 6

My new Speakers since Oktober 2004.

B&W 703

Name:	img32411qj.th.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	948693 Click image for larger version

Name:	img34108mx.th.jpg
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	948694 Click image for larger version

Name:	img34310bm.th.jpg
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	948695 Click image for larger version

Name:	img34281tc.th.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	948696

B&W 705

Name:	img34137yz.th.jpg
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	948697

B&W HTM 7

Name:	img34115il.th.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	948698

B&W ASW 750

Name:	img30468gp.th.jpg
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	948699 Click image for larger version

Name:	23vu8qs.th.jpg
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	948700

AV Receiver Denon 3805 + Rotel RMB-1075

Name:	img35357py.th.jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	948701

New location

Name:	img35855fi.th.jpg
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	948702 Click image for larger version

Name:	img35522gb.th.jpg
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	948703 Click image for larger version

Name:	img35557xy.th.jpg
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	948704
                                                                                        Last edited by theSven; 01 September 2023, 16:36 Friday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• dortiz
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Mar 2005
                                                                                          • 47

Family room and EQ rack behind. 802s and HTM1 CCm80 out of shot.
                                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

• junior77blue
                                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                                            • Nov 2004
                                                                                            • 635

Dortiz, How does that work sound quality/imaging since the HTM speaker is so much above the 802s. It looks GREAT, but not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"