• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

bmott

Very Zen like, very sleek I like it. :T

You might want to add some curtains over those great windows it would tame you room and improve your acoustics.

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• bmott
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by wettou
      bmott

Very Zen like, very sleek I like it. :T

You might want to add some curtains over those great windows it would tame you room and improve your acoustics.

thanks for the positive feedback.

yeah the acoustics of the room are pretty bad, im looking at a way to get some room treatments disguised as modern art or paintings, and or some kind of window covering that is minimalistic yet provides something to slow down or disperse that reflection off the glass.

yet somehow i blew all my money on my stereo before i could get to window coverings.... etc etc

im thinking maybe some audessy pro and or some anthem ARC might help with the acoustics a little too. everything is currently un corrected/ un equilized

Comment

• wettou
        Ultra Senior Member
        • May 2006

Originally posted by bmott
        thanks for the positive feedback.
        You are welcome

yeah the acoustics of the room are pretty bad, im looking at a way to get some room treatments disguised as modern art or paintings, and or some kind of window covering that is minimalistic yet provides something to slow down or disperse that reflection off the glass.
        yet somehow i blew all my money on my stereo before i could get to window coverings.... etc etc

im thinking maybe some audyssey pro and or some anthem ARC might help with the acoustics a little too. everything is currently un corrected/ un equalized
        Before I equalize anything I would invest in good looking thick curtains, velvet works wonder. Also using thick carpets helps going a bit further treat the ceiling with cloth covering fiberglass.
        Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Isaac
          • Jan 2006

bmott,

Nice, Very artistic room with great speakers.

Comment

• kallagtunet
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Gremal
            So is this stand/platform under the HTM1D something that B&W offers, or available elsewhere? Or is it a custom build?

Thanks...

Custom built.

Used the footprint of the beast and cut out 8 MDF boards. Glued them together. Covered it with black cloth. Looks good also close up. Is heavy (50 kg or something like that...)

Comment

• Mig17
              • Jan 2008

Hi bmott
              I see only the Anthem MCA amp
              but I do not see the Rotel 1085, where is it ?

Comment

• style
                Super Senior Member
                • Feb 2006

new setup

Hi,

new pictures from the system with the 803D and Htm2D....

Greetings from Switzerland
                Omar
                Attached Files

Comment

• Mikael
                  • Aug 2007

Hi Style
                  Again a nice setup,why the new finish?

Comment

• style
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Feb 2006

Hy Mikael,

I will replace the Rotel with a Classé combo (CA3200/5200 & a SSP800!!)

I hoppe in a little time....

Omar

Comment

• Mikael
                      • Aug 2007

That sounds like a good idea.I have just bought the RB 1072 ICEPower amp,and I am looking forward to hear the new CM floor mode when it comes.

Mikael

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by style
                        Hy Mikael, I will replace the Rotel with a Classé combo (CA3200/5200 & a SSP800!!) I hoppe in a little time.... Omar
                        Way to go Omar, next you will need the five 800D from B&W

Comment

• markov
                          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Mikael
                          ...I am looking forward to hear the new CM floor mode when it comes. Mikael
                          Mikael, have you any confirmation that B&W has this in the works? Thanks.

Comment

• Mikael
                            • Aug 2007

Hi Markov

According to RebelMan we can expect a bigger floor model, a bigger stand model and a bigger center and a sub, in the CM series. but He has no time frame.

I have tried both the 683 and the CM 7 from B&W.The 683 is a very good speaker with the RB 1072,but just a bit too forward in the mid/treble. And the CM 7 has a nice mid/treble performance but is lacking in bass.
                            So the perfect speaker for me, would be one that has the mid/treble from the CM7 and the bass from the 683.Hopefully the new CM model.

Best Mikael

Comment

• SRT-10 Viper
                              • Mar 2005

Kallagtunet; How well does the JL F113 subs integrate with the B&Ws? I have a 22x16X8 room open on one end. Would you go with 1 or 2 for that size room? Have you compared them to the Velodyne DD series? I have 1 DD 18 now and wonder
                              how they compare.

Comment

• cntlaw
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Marco Lisi
                                I can be very brief: best sound I have ever heard! The 800D never sounded so nice: organic, pshycal and very involving music. You should go listen to this system, I'd be very curious on your opinion on this matter!

We tried the XA100.5 before, but that was no match. I must say that the Pass X600.5 is the best amp-match for my ears. I think that the X1000.5 would even be better because the 800D can take to up to a 1000Watts of continious power. And we all know B&W...they are powerhungry!

:T
                                Which Passlabs models would any one recommend for my 250W 803S.
                                803S is still a 'power eater' considering I am feeding them with a claimed 630W MF KW550
                                thx
                                t

B&W 803S / MF KW-550 /MF A1008 CDP
                                Transparent Power Link MM
                                CSE RK-100 Power Conditioner / Powersnake Taipan Helix Vx / Arcolink 4030 2m
                                AudioNote ANvX Mark II RCA / XLO Limited Edition Mk II RCA
                                TAOC PTS-F Spike Plates for 803S / SolidSteel Audio Tables: 6.2x2+1xTable-B / Lynn Skeet Spike Plates for Racks

Comment

• wettou
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                                  Kallagtunet; How well does the JL F113 subs integrate with the B&Ws? I have a 22x16X8 room open on one end. Would you go with 1 or 2 for that size room?
                                  My room is 18 x 20 x10 and the JLAudio F113 does an outstanding job with my 802D I all set them up at 80HZ and let the sub do it's magic. I moved the B&W sub to the garage

Comment

• htsteve
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Sep 2004

B&W's and basic room treatments

All,

Attached are some pictures of my recently built HT room. I've added some room treatments. Pillows in the front corners (I can't see them from the couch), absorbers for first point reflections and finally I moved a bookcase in the back as a diffuser. I got the absorbers from a friend and recovered them. Everything else I had. A very nice and very cheap ($20)upgrade.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by htsteve; 22 July 2008, 15:17 Tuesday.

Comment

• fredBelgium
                                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by KahunaCanuck
                                      My theatre setup...

Here is a shot of my new theatre:

Image not available

:^x

Wouaw ! Very nyce.
                                      Last edited by theSven; 05 September 2023, 14:00 Tuesday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• kallagtunet
                                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by SRT-10 Viper
                                        Kallagtunet; How well does the JL F113 subs integrate with the B&Ws? I have a 22x16X8 room open on one end. Would you go with 1 or 2 for that size room? Have you compared them to the Velodyne DD series? I have 1 DD 18 now and wonder
                                        how they compare.
                                        I have heard the DD series subs but not in my room. I would go for two F113 in your room :-D

Comment

• vlasis
                                          • May 2007

some new games for my system.......

I bought some new things for my system like a strong HTPC for movies(bluray-matroska x264-mkv-HDDVD),my new cd player from AMR-AMBIGHTON RESEARCH cd-77 and a power amp-PROCEED 2x250 watt for my center HTM1 Nautilus..........And i feeeeeeeeeeel goooooood now my friends..!!!!!Kisses from sunny Greece.....i am going for swimming now-xixixixi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                          Attached Files

Comment

• artv4
                                            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by vlasis
                                            I bought some new things for my system like a strong HTPC for movies(bluray-matroska x264-mkv-HDDVD),my new cd player from AMR-AMBIGHTON RESEARCH cd-77 and a power amp-PROCEED 2x250 watt for my center HTM1 Nautilus..........And i feeeeeeeeeeel goooooood now my friends..!!!!!Kisses from sunny Greece.....i am going for swimming now-xixixixi :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                            wowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :T
                                            GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• wettou
                                              Ultra Senior Member
                                              • May 2006

Originally posted by vlasis
                                              Very nice set up proceed are excelent Mark Levison designed without the price tag I assume all used since proceed no longer exist!

Comment

• vlasis
                                                • May 2007

Originally posted by wettou
                                                Very nice set up proceed are excelent Mark Levison designed without the price tag I assume all used since proceed no longer exist!
                                                Ι τhink its a strong hi fi amp for my center and i took it in a very good price 700 euro!!!!!

Comment

• style
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • Feb 2006

Hallo vlasis,

good price?
                                                  price incredible!

I saw the AVP1 - second-hand for around €. 3000 .- !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowers & Wilkins, Dynaudio, Classé, Clearaudio, Denon, Epson, JVC, Magnat, Ascendo, Pioneer, Quadral, Rotel, Ion, Sonos, Inakustik, Aurum, Sonance, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Dali, Samsung, LG, Phonar, Dual

Omar

Comment

• vlasis
                                                    • May 2007

[QUOTE=style]Hallo vlasis,

good price?
                                                    price incredible!

Look my amico ,it is second hand and the first price in Greece about 4 years before was 4000 euro(brand new).
                                                    Yes i think i bought it in a very good price!!!!
                                                    Swisssssssssssss .....i really like your country very very much and 8 times i have visit many places there!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    From Zurich to Basel and Lugano to Geneve!!!!!!!Take care....

Comment

• wettou
                                                      Ultra Senior Member
                                                      • May 2006

[QUOTE=vlasis]
                                                      Hallo vlasis, good price? price incredible!

Who cares this is about B&W let's get back on track :

Comment

• style
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • Feb 2006

Hoi vlasis,

From north to south - from east to west!

Then we will see in Switzerland :T

greetings Omar

well the Sommer swimming in Greece and in winter skiing in St.Moritz :T :T

Comment

• vlasis
                                                          • May 2007

Hoi vlasis,

From north to south - from east to west!

Then we will see in Switzerland :T

greetings Omar

well the Sommer swimming in Greece and in winter skiing in St.Moritz :T :T
                                                          E x a c t l y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• beden1
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • Oct 2006

I'm posting these pics of my Florida setup instead of links, as I just figured out how to post pictures here. Since taking these, I've angled the HTM2D up about 2 1/4" and added silk floor plants behind each of my speakers. The silk plants have helped tone things down a bit, which I was surprised this worked after I got the brain storm during a rainy day.

[IMG]

Comment

• quan325i
                                                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by beden1
                                                              I'm posting these pics of my Florida setup instead of links, as I just figured out how to post pictures here. Since taking these, I've angled the HTM2D up about 2 1/4" and added silk floor plants behind each of my speakers. The silk plants have helped tone things down a bit, which I was surprised this worked after I got the brain storm during a rainy day.

[IMG]

Nice system but I would never put the Velodynes inside any stand. You would love them on the solid ground. My DD12 is more than my ears can handle so i'm sure your two Vs will excel in that room. Very nice set up.

QN

Comment

• beden1
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by quan325i
                                                                Nice system but I would never put the Velodynes inside any stand. You would love them on the solid ground. My DD12 is more than my ears can handle so i'm sure your two Vs will excel in that room. Very nice set up.QN
                                                                Thanks. The subs were on the marble floors before, and they actually sound a bit better raised off the floor. They do not vibrate at all in the way I have them setup.

Plus, the SC-15 Velodyne subs were designed to go into cabinets.

Comment

• magicvinny
                                                                  • Jul 2008

So here' s my humble set:

- Frontspeakers : XT4

- Centerspeaker : XTC

- Surroundspeakers : CDS6 S3

- Backsurround: CCM 80

- Reciever: Denon 3808

- Blu Ray : PS3

- TV : Pioneer 508XD

- Subwoofer yet to come. Probably PV1.

Are their any suggestions to improve my sound. Especially for the surround sound. Maybe other inwall/ceiling speakers. Etc......

Thanks
                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                  Last edited by magicvinny; 27 July 2008, 11:08 Sunday.

Comment

• wettou
                                                                    Ultra Senior Member
                                                                    • May 2006

Originally posted by magicvinny
                                                                    Are their any suggestions to improve my sound. Especially for the surround sound. Maybe other inwall/ceiling speakers. Etc......Thanks
                                                                    Yes move your front speakers at least 3 feet from the walls and toe them in about 10 to 20 degrees and you will hear the difference.

As for surround DD and DTS website have great placement charts.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Nov 2004

Magicvinny,

I agree with Wettou, move your speakers a bit from the wall and toe them in just slightly. Giving your speakers more room to breathe will allow it to create a more concrete soundstage. Your surround effects will sound better because of the front speaker placement. However, how tall is your ceiling? Have you tried adjusting the dB levels for the rears? Your Denon has Audyssey, correct? How does it sound with the Audyssey calibrations?

I like how you put the CDS6 in the ceiling. Looks very different and cool. :T
                                                                      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• artv4
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                                                        Magicvinny,

I agree with Wettou, move your speakers a bit from the wall and toe them in just slightly. Giving your speakers more room to breathe will allow it to create a more concrete soundstage. Your surround effects will sound better because of the front speaker placement. However, how tall is your ceiling? Have you tried adjusting the dB levels for the rears? Your Denon has Audyssey, correct? How does it sound with the Audyssey calibrations?

I like how you put the CDS6 in the ceiling. Looks very different and cool. :T
                                                                        i also concur.
                                                                        GO Revel!!!!! (powered by ;x( Anthem)

Comment

• Russ L
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by artv4
                                                                          wowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :T
                                                                          I assume you are impressed. :P
                                                                          Russ

Comment

• Russ L
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jul 2006
                                                                            • 544

Originally posted by quan325i
                                                                            Nice system but I would never put the Velodynes inside any stand. You would love them on the solid ground. My DD12 is more than my ears can handle so i'm sure your two Vs will excel in that room. Very nice set up.

QN
                                                                            Agreed! You could put the CAM-350s in their place. The Subs can be just about anywhere in the room for home theater use (preferably front or rear). I personally wouldn't use the subs to augment the 803Ds for audio. Especially since they are driven by those incredible monoblocks ;x( But thats just me.
                                                                            Russ

Comment

• beden1
                                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                                              • Oct 2006
                                                                              • 1676

Originally posted by Russ L
                                                                              Agreed! You could put the CAM-350s in their place. The Subs can be just about anywhere in the room for home theater use (preferably front or rear). I personally wouldn't use the subs to augment the 803Ds for audio. Especially since they are driven by those incredible monoblocks ;x( But thats just me.
                                                                              I use the subs for HT and run the 803Ds through the Classe CP-500 for audio. The CAM-350s are a new addition, and they do a great job powering my L/R fronts. These amps are also operating extremely well placed on the top shelves where they have plenty of breathing room.

I just added the BDI cabinets and decided to utilize the space to also include my Velodyne subs. For my ears, I prefer the subs located next to the front main speakers, and as these SC-15s are designed to be in cabinets, they work great in this location.

I sent a picture of my setup to Velodyne, and they felt the placement of the subs was an excellent idea, and perfectly suited for how they were designed.

Comment

• Russ L
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jul 2006
                                                                                • 544

I sent a picture of my setup to Velodyne, and they felt the placement of the subs was an excellent idea, and perfectly suited for how they were designed.
                                                                                I'm surprised Velodyne didn't mention a problem with microphonics causing distortion in your components through vibrational energy. Even the Navcom feet on your Classe gear would have problems with 2 subs right on your component rack especially with glass shelves. If you feel a need to keep the subs there try isolation feet under all your gear including the subs. Audioquest makes Q-Feet $100/set of 4. I use under all my components. Stellar improvement. Might not be enough to deal with the subs on the racks tho. Best regards, Russ
                                                                                Last edited by Russ L; 28 July 2008, 23:05 Monday.
                                                                                Russ

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                                  • Oct 2006
                                                                                  • 1676

I'm surprised Velodyne didn't mention a problem with microphonics causing distortion in your components through vibrational energy. Even the Navcom feet on your Classe gear would have problems with 2 subs right on your component rack especially with glass shelves. If you feel a need to keep the subs there try isolation feet under all your gear including the subs. Audioquest makes Q-Feet $100/set of 4. I use under all my components. Stellar improvement. Might not be enough to deal with the subs on the racks tho. Best regards, Russ
                                                                                  Russ,

I appreciate your concern, but trust me when I say there are no vibrations, and just to be on the safe side, all of my electronics have Isopods under the feet for an extra measure of isolation. You can't feel or hear any vibrations at all within the racks or within the room.

I'm sorry you can't believe what I'm saying to you, but just because you have not experienced using my subs or using subs within component racks . . . does not mean that it does not work! I spent considerable time in making sure that the subs would not affect my other equipment. That's why I also brought Velodyne into the loop to ask them if my placement of these subs was feasible.

I used to use a Velodyne DD-15 that did vibrate like crazy, and so much so that I would not consider using it like my SC-15's in this setup. It would be very difficult to tame the almost violent vibrations that the DD subs produce. Such is not the case with the design of my subs.

Comment

• Russ L
                                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                                    • Jul 2006
                                                                                    • 544

Russ,
                                                                                    You can't feel or hear any vibrations at all within the racks or within the room.
                                                                                    Microphonic problems are caused by extremely low level vibrations that you can't feel or hear within the racks or the room but cause distortions in the sound of the music.

sorry you can't believe what I'm saying to you, but just because you have not experienced using my subs or using subs within component racks . . . does not mean that it does not work!
                                                                                    I believe what you are saying to me... I think I need to further clarify my point so that you can believe me! The insidious low level problem of microphonics goes largely unnoticed. Even the transport of a CD player can cause vibration issues to the CD player itself. So isolation feet must both isolate and absorb unwanted energy from the component. Thats why Q-Feet are so good. These unnoticable vibrations from your subs can have a huge effect on your components and sound. Best regards, Russ
                                                                                    Russ

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • Oct 2006
                                                                                      • 1676

Microphonic problems are caused by extremely low level vibrations that you can't feel or hear within the racks or the room but cause distortions in the sound of the music.

These unnoticable vibrations from your subs can have a huge effect on your components and sound. Best regards, Russ
                                                                                      If I can't feel or hear it, and the vibrations are unnoticable, then I guess I'm not going to worry about it. In your line of rationale, then the actual music that is being played will also cause the same negative effects.

I think I'll stick with what I have and the way I have it, as what I can't feel or hear has not been bothering me.

The sound of music lives not in a vacuum.
                                                                                      Last edited by beden1; 29 July 2008, 07:00 Tuesday.

Comment

• beden1
                                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                                        • Oct 2006
                                                                                        • 1676

I use these under my electronics - Bright Star IsoNod Large, a set of 4 for about $25, and a small set for $15. They were recommended by Stereophile.

AudioQuest Q Feet are $125 for a set of 4. To each their own!

Comment

• Meldor
                                                                                          Junior Member
                                                                                          • May 2008
                                                                                          • 3

here is a pic of my little condo setup.

b&w 805s
                                                                                          b&w htm4s
                                                                                          anthem avm30
                                                                                          rotel 1085

At first I have to say you have a fantastic looking appartment. I wonder what kind/brand your tv is? I'm replacing my old CRT for some plasma or LCD, and this tv just looks stunning.

[EDIT]

I think I've found the model Panasonic TH42PH9.
                                                                                          Last edited by Meldor; 29 July 2008, 11:51 Tuesday.

Comment

• bmott
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Jun 2008
                                                                                            • 6

Originally posted by Meldor
                                                                                            At first I have to say you have a fantastic looking appartment. I wonder what kind/brand your tv is? I'm replacing my old CRT for some plasma or LCD, and this tv just looks stunning.

[EDIT]

I think I've found the model Panasonic TH42PH9.
                                                                                            Thanks for the complement.

Yes you win. I have a Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK. Its a couple years old now.

the current generation of mine is a TH-50PH11UK. However as most people these days would say, if i were to buy a plasma today i would buy a Pioneer KURO. Not as contemporary/simple of a frame, but the picture quality is stunning.

And don't get tricked into thinking you NEED 1080P, most 720P plasmas by panasonic and pioneer will knock the socks off most 1080P lcds in picture quality. IF you sit more then 8 feet away from a 720P plasma your eye cannot tell the difference between 1080P and 720P.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"