X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanR
    • Dec 2004

Thanks for the N803 w/ or w/o SUB

Was able to actually get a pair of Nautilus 802's instead. Now I cannot afford the sub, but from what I heard, these really don't need one. The bass response was very solid and very, very impressive! Thanks for all of your responses! Anyone had a chance to hear these?
    :B It's all about the MUSIC!!!
  • DrBoom
    • Dec 2003

Yeah, I've heard these great speakers several times.
    With the right amplification they're incredible, I've heard them powered by a Parasound HCA3500 350W poweramp, and they blow you away
    The can also be ruthlessly revealing, and very subtle as well.
    Great choice.

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

In retrospect, I wish I had gotten a pair of 802's and gone w/o a sub for the time being instead of buying the ASW-850. Don't get me wrong, I love the sub, but I live in an apt and the next generation subs would have blended just fine.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

• johan
        • Dec 2004

Hey DanR! Congratulations on great speakers! I have 802's and ASW850 and ok, maybe you dont need a sub for 802's but once you've heard that combination there's no turning back. That is just seamless fullrange reproduction, and there is no limits in dynamics. When listening to music I dont think of the sub until turning it off and each time I watch a movie I am just amazed of the brutal force it got, it scares you really.
        Congratulations again on GREAT speakers!!!

Comment

• ti33er
          • Apr 2004

I have raised the question to my dealer about 802's requiring a sub on a few occassions (cos sub woofers are a nightmare to tune properly for music IMO), and his response was "...there are better things that I can put my money towards" - I believe him! ...sure, a sub will make some difference, but just how much? --> guess you will find out, but personally I don't think that you will be lusting for one if you have a half-decent power amp!

Congratulations on an excellent purchase...I am most jealous!
          "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"