X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gostan
    • May 2003

Poll: Do You bi-wire your B&W's?

The oft-asked to bi-wire or not is on my mind and I cannot get rid of it. Please help me in my quest to decide if my speaker wire upgrade should be a b-wire or regular wire. Your answers will either help me or confuse me more as the more I research this subject the more I wonder why B&W pushes us to bi-wire.
    Stan
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I bi-wired for a long time. However, once I got 804's, I shotgunned them. This is very nice indeed. It opened things up a bit more. The bass is especially defined. Hope this helps.

Comment

• gostan
      • May 2003

Thanks for the response, but what exactly do you mean by shotgun?
      Stan

Comment

• ti33er
        • Apr 2004

I currently bi-wire my 805's, simply because the opinion to bi-wire is popular, and there is the option to do so!

I haven't noticed a great deal of change by bi-wiring mine, but then again these are only entry level Nautilus speakers? ...I did read an interesting article on bi-wiring once, whereby the author had claimed that bi-wiring can seperate mids from highs in a negative sense by causing a noticeable seperation of frequencies - he reckoned that the internal crossover (in good speakers of course) will do a better job of filtering? ...now I don't know if I am hearing things sometimes, but I do occassionaly feel as though I can distinguish the tweeter from my bass driver (i.e. it is not a seamless frequency that I am hearing), and I wonder if there is any merit to this persons opinion? ...I always end up tinkering and trying to prove that these things are in my head, but I don't know in the end, I just leave them BW'd...get some cable on loan and listen for yourself - also, I think this only really makes a difference at semi-ear-bleeding levels to be honest?
        "...if it's too loud, you're too old!"

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"