X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sikoniko
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

b&w @ epcot

Was at Epcot (Orlando, Fl) this morning walking through their innoventions. They had an exhibit for the house of tomorrow so we decided to walk through for fun. I wasn't really expecting much in the way of theater...

Anyways, the house was completely controlled by an automation system. Don't remember the brand. Lot of cool features but what caught my eye was their living room speakers.

There was a pair of 802's surrounding a mitsubishi 70" dlp. The funny thing was that there was an htm1 hiding under a plant to the right of the right front speaker. My fiance saw them and said "look honey, your speakers are that you want are in the house of the future. You're ahead of your time."

sigh.

What a waiste of beautiful speakers...Not even plugged in.

In the other side of it was an "ultimate home theater". There were 2 rooms. Room A and Room B.

Room A had a bose 5.1 system with the biggest screen I had ever seen. I think they said it was like 80 inches. It was sony. Wasn't impressed at all.

Room B was designed and built for Disney by CEDIA and was presented in a theater decorated room. It was decked out. After the presentation my fiance turned to me and said, "I wasn't really that impressed." They had a RUNCO projector, which we both liked, but were using M&K speakers. I guess they are OK, but not even close to being as dynamic, or 3-dimensional as my 804's!
    I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...
  • jlee
    • Aug 2004

>There was a pair of 802's surrounding a mitsubishi 70" dlp. The funny thing was that there was an htm1 hiding under a plant to the right of the right front speaker. My fiance saw them and said "look honey, your speakers are you want are in the house of the future. You're ahead of your time."

HTM1 under a plant? :E Poor HTM1...

>After the presentation my fiance turned to me and said, "I wasn't really that impressed."

Funny you mention that... there was a show in Vancouver, BC recently with a "state of the art" Barco projector (it's like $60,000 or something ridiculous like that) and my wife and I sat through the presentation and both said the same thing... "I wasn't really that impressed" The host played a scene from Bagger Vance and said you could see what color shirt and stripes were under his white shirt (yawn)... like that was only visible when using the Barco projector.. haha. I don't think they even had the colors and picture tuned using DVE... looked very average.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"