Measuring 300 Hz Square Waves using REW

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BMF
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 1

    #1

    Measuring 300 Hz Square Waves using REW

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm new, here, but very active on head-fi.

    I did a search of the topic (name of this thread) and came up empty.

    I use REW, FuzzMeasure, and ARTA for headphone response measurements and I'm interested in room eq, too. I've successfully measured headphones and genereated impulse response, FR SPL, waterfall, and spectrogram graphs mainly using my DIY measurement kit with the mic inserted in my ear...I'm my own "dummy head!" If anyone is interested, search head-fi using search terms: bluemonkeyflyer, FIMM, and Incremental Mods and Measurments, then go to Post #1 for all the details...it's Very long and detailed...this system works great for "Within Groups" measurements and significantly streamlined my modification experiments mainly involving vintage and current production planar magnetic headphones.

    I am interested in measuring 300 Hz square waves within REW. I posted a similar query on the REW forum but no hits, yet. I can use REW's 'Generator' to produce a 300 Hz square wave but I cannot figure out how to measure/record the output. I would be appreciative is anyone, here, who knows would tell me how to do this.

    Many thanks,

    BMF

Related Topics

Collapse

  • Amphiprion
    Signal Generator for DIY Audio Electronics
    by Amphiprion
    I just wanted to pass along some info that may be useful for those here that dabble in audio electronics and active crossovers.

    I came across an old IC made by Exar called the XR2206 that still happens to be in production. It is a 16 pin IC that is a monolithic function generator with...
    25 July 2008, 13:59 Friday
  • Nat Ward
    REW and Active Setup
    by Nat Ward
    Hey guys - was tempted to start an active crossover project this spring/summer and was curious to see if REW could be used to gather midrange/tweeter measurements? I've used it for setting up my sub, just not sure if it's accurate enough to gather higher frequencies, or if I'd need to create a special...
    15 January 2007, 09:45 Monday
  • Nat Ward
    M-Audio MobilePre and REW
    by Nat Ward
    For some reason the brain really isn't working today. I've been searching to determine the best way to setup up a measurement system and need help with cabling. I will be using the M Audio MobilePre and Behringer ECM8000. The feedback loop for soundcard calibration with REW has me confused, and dictates...
    03 October 2006, 14:38 Tuesday
  • stgdz
    First REW sweep with my THT
    by stgdz
    So I finally got around to getting a radio shack mic and was able to run REW with it last night on my THT



    A couple of troughs in their but its pretty decent. Any hints on improving the troughs?...
    20 February 2010, 11:17 Saturday
  • wkhanna
    Measuring In-Room with REW
    by wkhanna
    jim1961 has been kind enough to offer me some help learning to use REW.

    so I have started this thread so others may also gain some information.

    my system specs can be seen if you check out my profile link.
    basically I am using a 65 liter, bottom-ported version of Jon's...
    04 October 2015, 14:37 Sunday
  • Loading...
  • No more items.
Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"