Next step up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • offtheroad
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 1

    #1

    Next step up?

    What would you suggested my next step up for pre and power amp.
    I have B&K Reference 200.2 S2 Power amp
    B&K Reference 5 S2 Pre amp
    Paradign 100 speakers
    Rotel RCD 971 CD play Also I was told I should start using my sony Blueray DVD player for CD's in place of my old Rotel.
    jbechdel@comcast.net
  • John Holmes
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 2707

    #2
    Welcome to the Guide, offtheroad!

    Being a B&K Ref. 50 owner, I now how nice your B&K products are. I guess the toughest question is, what are you unhappy with?

    You have nice equipment. It would be difficult to make any suggestions without more info.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

    Comment

    • madmac
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 3122

      #3
      The chances of a Sony BD player outperforming a Rotel CD player are basically nil !!!
      Dan Madden :T

      Comment

      • audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004
        • 1933

        #4
        Originally posted by madmac
        The chances of a Sony BD player outperforming a Rotel CD player are basically nil !!!
        I agree.

        I would recommend to see if your pre/pro are you current bottleneck or not.
        I would suggest to look for a Paradigm dealer. Let them know that you are looking to upgrade your system, but not your speakers. Let them know what CD player you have. If they have the same speakers are you, ask them if they would allow you to bring in your pre/pro, your Rotel CD player, and then audition several sources (CD player, blu-ray, etc). If you feel that you're barely hearing any difference at all, then perhaps your pre/pro are your bottleneck.
        But I would recommend this path as I've often seen pre/pro's upgraded, while still having the source be the weakest link.
        No matter how great of speakers, amp, preamp... it can only sound as good as the original source puts out.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

        Comment

        Related Topics

        Collapse

        Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

          Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"