Clear All
  • Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

A beautiful Home Theater Room

Everybody must check out this webpage.
    It is so well designed.
    Ultimately though, check out the
    finished HT pics and the Equipment list..

Stunning!!:yesnod:

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

WOW! I'm torn.

Beautiful craftmanship, but if it was my house...way too gaudy...gold tooling (even mock gold tooling) does nothing for me. The problem with that style of theater for me is that it would get old quick. It mimics a lot of classic theaters, but that's what makes going out for the night fun.

So while it IS beautiful and well done...it's WAY over the top for a home theater...but of course it's my opinion and tastes are individual.

His website IS well designed...kudos to that end.

"A RONSTER!"
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, a little over the top for me too, but you have to marvel at the work that went into it.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

8O Good god I don't even want to know how much that cost! I have to agree with Gordon though, beautifully done, jaw dropping even, but a little much for my tastes. I'm from the school of contemporary design myself.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• LEVESQUE
          • Oct 2002

And you want to know the best part about that guy? Each time I send him an E-mail he usually gives me a complete answer with details in less then 2-3 hours!

I did ask him questions about the Xantech product and Behringer Feedback Destroyer and he always take the time to answer.

The site is really well done and helpful for anyone planning to build an HT...
          To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• Trevor Schell
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I have to admit that the Theater Room is a little different in design.
            Something I would not do myself, however the over all finished
            room is outstanding in terms of craftsmanship and detail!!
            I love it!!

Trevor
            My HomeTheater S.E.
            Sonically Enhanced
            C5
            Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

I agree it is indeed a beautifully crafted home theater kudos to the owner, but a bit too extravagant for my taste.

Azeke

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Not my style...at all but very nice craftsmanship.

And i see he's using an idea I had for a website front end...damn not its just going to look like I'm copying him

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                  • Jan 2002

Very extravagant! Reminds me of Atlantis at the Bahama's.

Beautiful and bold! But way too much for our (as in my family's) lifestyle. Now if we owned a million dollar home it would possibly fit in. But really I have no idea how I'd act with a million dollar home. It would truly be a classic example of the Beverly Hillbillys.

I like the website layout as well... especially the entry page.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Scarp
                    • Mar 2003

Nicely done, but terribly ugly ... and seems like they don't know a thing about acoustics and good hometheatre building.

Comment

• David Meek
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Yessir, it's magnificently done, but not for me. Also, you'd think for the amount of money spent on the room, the equipment would be commensurately eye-popping. It's not.

I was expecting stacked G90s and a Teranex. . . . :nonod:

David - HTGuide flunky
                      Our "Theater"
                      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

I'll echo everyone else... some FANTASTIC craftsmanship there. I must ALWAYS give props to the man who actually steps up and builds his theater, putting in the work, the time, and the sweat, instead of the computer surfer critic who says "I don't like that... I could do so much better", yet doesn't.

Like others, the style is not for me, personally. If I ever own a multi-million dollar house, I will be putting in a theater with just as much work and craftsmanship. However, for me, I will need it to be more functional, where I'm not destracted by the decor while I'm watching a movie. I personally prefer to use darker, more muted colors and trim.

But again, kudos to him for making a room not only fun to watch a movie, but just fun to see and appreciate as art as well.

CHRIS
                        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                        - Pleasantville

Comment

• aud19
                          Twin Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2003

Agreed Chris (I hope my post didn't come off as "I could do better" 8O ) There's Obviously a ton of work, craftsmenship and care that went in to the whole project. I hope if I ever have the opportunity and funds to do so I could do even half as good of a job, just much more contemporarily styled.

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                          Jason

Comment

• Aeromos
                            • Jun 2003

I may have missed it but did he do this all himself or did he pay someone else to do it? Kudos if he did most of it. If not, well anyone of us can pay someone to do a great job too if we had the funds. Nice looking theater but I too would probably have something more contemporary.

Aeromos
                            Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                            My Collection
                            Aeromos
                            Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                            My Collection

Comment

• Scarp
                              • Mar 2003

btw ... read the faq on his website ... its supposed to be tacky and this over the top. That was the whole idea.

Comment

• Lex
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Apr 2001

It was a certain look they went after. the theater of old, grand, royal, a lady of beauty. That plaster molding cost a lot of money I bet. Not to mention assembly of it all.

Something like this:

The original theater cost 1 million to build many years ago. It's under rennovation again now.

While it may not be for "you", I definitely have a respect for what he's done here. Quite classic styling.

Lex
                                Doug
                                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"