X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tdt00
    • Dec 2008

shopping for a GOOD used receiver. Please advice

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and interested in buying a good used receiver mainly for 2-ch music and movies. I'm planning to use the receiver to push my dynaudio 2-way. I'd like a used receiver that have good sound quality and a little reliable but easy on the pocket, about under $400-$500. So, I'm looking at the used rotel rsx-1055 but my dilemma is that people said rotel's lifeline is average about 8 years or so. I don't know much about home equipment products. Please help me. Thanks all.
  • razzbo56
    • Jan 2006

I have a Rotel RSX-1055 in my den that is not getting used so much anymore now that I have a dedicated theater room. It is around 3 years old, and in excellent condition. E-mail me if you are interested ! Razzbo56@yahoo.com

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by tdt00
      So, I'm looking at the used rotel rsx-1055 but my dilemma is that people said rotel's lifeline is average about 8 years or so.
      Hi TD, and welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I'm not a Rotel owner, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. Rotel's seem to be built as well or maybe better than the average. Plus, the environment a component is in and the way it's used will be more telling on its life expectancy. Ie. if it's in a well-ventilated rack with no smokers or pets around, if it's maintained well (surge protection, cleaned regularly) and not driven at max or high volume consistently, it should last many years. Buying used isn't a bad thing if you ask the right questions and use a payment agency like PayPal.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"